Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2023, 05:09 PM   #1
johnrjr2

Default Plugable USB-C Dual HDMI shutting down

I've got a Macbook Air using M1 with Sonoma 14.0 and I'm having a problem with my Pluggable USBC-6950PDZ. When my displays turn off, the display manager shuts off and I lose the Mac layout on the external displays. It works fine on my Plugable Universal Dual Monitor Docking Station - UD-3900. I've installed DisplayLink Manager version 1.10.0 Alpha 2 (build 116). Has anyone else reported this bug?
johnrjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrjr2 View Post
I've got a Macbook Air using M1 with Sonoma 14.0 and I'm having a problem with my Pluggable USBC-6950PDZ. When my displays turn off, the display manager shuts off and I lose the Mac layout on the external displays. It works fine on my Plugable Universal Dual Monitor Docking Station - UD-3900. I've installed DisplayLink Manager version 1.10.0 Alpha 2 (build 116). Has anyone else reported this bug?
Your description also indicates two things:

1. You are using an alpha version of the DisplayLink Manager Application, and alpha versions can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.

2. According to Plugable's website --> https://plugable.com/pages/displaylink the latest version of the DisplayLink Manager Application that they recommend for their products is version 1.9.

I would suggest uninstalling the alpha version of the DisplayLink Manager Application and installing the latest version Plugable recommends in order to see if that changes the behavior.

If doing so does not help (and if you have not done so already), I would suggest reaching out to Plugable directly for assistance --> https://plugable.com/pages/support
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 02:02 PM   #3
johnrjr2

Great, thanks for your help. I'll downgrade and see what happens first.
johnrjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote