Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
impact

Default Mouse disappearing Windows 8.1

Hi,

we have six Samsung Ativ 9 plus connected with Targus ACP70EU and we've experienced mouse cursor disappearing on everyone of them.
The mouse is still working but you cannot see the arrow.
The cursor appears again only after reboot.

The docking station is connected to a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution.
OS is windows 8.1 with all updates installed.

PCs are cloned so softwares and settings are the same.

I attached the zip from Displaylink supoort tool run on one Ativ 9 plus.

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Impact spa
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMG-S_20140623_154959.zip (338.7 KB, 1 views)
impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
impact

Anyone?

Help please!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
doncote0

Thumbs down Same Issue With Windows 8.1

I recently have been having the same issue with Windows 8.1. Everything worked fine with Windows 8, but then the Windows 8.1 upgrade happened and displaylink no longer functions the same way on this system. It always involves Windows sleep or shutdown. When the system goes to sleep or is shutdown, it will frequently have problems restoring the USB services upon restoration from sleep or shutdown. Since my displaylink device is connected via USB3, the USB3 connection could be the source of the problem. Others have been reporting the same issue but noticed the issue disappeared if the connector is instead reconnected to USB2. I have wasted way too many hours trying to resolve this until I did a search online and found a common issue being reported by many. USB3 +Windows 8.1 + sleep = failure.

I worked with one of your technicians to replace the displaylink and intel graphics drivers using an approved method, but the problem remains.

If you do testing of the Targus 3.0 docking station (ACP71USZP) with a Windows 8.1 device and put it to sleep for a minute or two, you should be able to replicate the issue. Up-to-date USB mice and keyboards hooked up to the docking station do not get restored.

People should not have to power cycle their docking station to get it to properly reinitialize.

Thanks!

Last edited by doncote0; 06-25-2014 at 04:53 PM.
doncote0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by impact View Post
Hi,

we have six Samsung Ativ 9 plus connected with Targus ACP70EU and we've experienced mouse cursor disappearing on everyone of them.
The mouse is still working but you cannot see the arrow.
The cursor appears again only after reboot.

The docking station is connected to a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution.
OS is windows 8.1 with all updates installed.

PCs are cloned so softwares and settings are the same.

I attached the zip from Displaylink supoort tool run on one Ativ 9 plus.

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Impact spa
We found this problem too on Windows 8.1 a few months ago, but could repro the problem without DisplayLink and just using multiple screens.

We raised the bug with Microsoft and they said that it might be fixed in a hotfix at some point... However there is nothing DisplayLink can do to fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
I recently have been having the same issue with Windows 8.1. Everything worked fine with Windows 8, but then the Windows 8.1 upgrade happened and displaylink no longer functions the same way on this system. It always involves Windows sleep or shutdown. When the system goes to sleep or is shutdown, it will frequently have problems restoring the USB services upon restoration from sleep or shutdown. Since my displaylink device is connected via USB3, the USB3 connection could be the source of the problem. Others have been reporting the same issue but noticed the issue disappeared if the connector is instead reconnected to USB2. I have wasted way too many hours trying to resolve this until I did a search online and found a common issue being reported by many. USB3 +Windows 8.1 + sleep = failure.

I worked with one of your technicians to replace the displaylink and intel graphics drivers using an approved method, but the problem remains.

If you do testing of the Targus 3.0 docking station (ACP71USZP) with a Windows 8.1 device and put it to sleep for a minute or two, you should be able to replicate the issue. Up-to-date USB mice and keyboards hooked up to the docking station do not get restored.

People should not have to power cycle their docking station to get it to properly reinitialize.

Thanks!
No - you shouldn't have to power cycle the dock to get it to work. However if nothing is working (eg keyboard and mouse) then it sounds like the USB 3.0 root hub in the dock has locked up and not just DisplayLink.

Windows 8.1 has enabled further USB 3.0 spec behaviour and it could expose problems with early USB hub firmware. I'll refer Targus to this post and see if they are aware of this issue with the ACP71.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
impact

Quote:
We found this problem too on Windows 8.1 a few months ago, but could repro the problem without DisplayLink and just using multiple screens.

We raised the bug with Microsoft and they said that it might be fixed in a hotfix at some point... However there is nothing DisplayLink can do to fix this.
Thank you for your answer.

Annyway currently I disconnected one of the samsung from the targus and uninstalled the displaylink drivers.
Now the pc is connected to the external monitor with HDMI.

I will use that pc as a test to see if the issue keep going without targus or not.

I''l keep you informed

Bye

Andrea
Impact spa