Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-29-2018, 10:59 PM   #1
sukhoi191

Default Mouse pointer isn't refreshed on Linux Mint 18.3

Hi!

First, let me give you some info about my hardware. I have HP 450 G4 Probook with Linux Mint 18.3 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) and HP Port Replicator 3005pr. I've installed drivers from this site. The installation went without a problem and everything is working correctly... except for one glitch on all monitors (one built-in laptop screen and two external monitors).

In this case, an image actually is worth a thousand words, so I've recorded a short video of my problem:

https://youtu.be/pV94C25G0H8

Basically, the mouse pointer doesn't always refresh when I move it out of an element, which is animated on hover (for example, application icons on the start menu and options in the right-click context menu). By "doesn't refresh" I mean that the pointer is not removed when I move the pointer back to the element. That's how I'm left with dozens of mouse cursors - fortunately, only one is functional, but still it is pretty weird and confusing.

I've tried to reproduce this problem without any monitors plugged in and with one monitor plugged in to HDMI. Both configurations work correctly.

I wonder if Linux Mint may be the problem here?
sukhoi191 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp port replicator, mint18.3, mouse cursor