Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #21
deadlyorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
Glad that this worked and I'm happy I shared it with everyone. Hopefully this fix works for everyone facing the issue
when I type in the code to terminal, it says "no matches found". ugh, still stuck with this infinite loop!
deadlyorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 01:04 PM   #22
btyiemr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyorange View Post
when I type in the code to terminal, it says "no matches found". ugh, still stuck with this infinite loop!
Same here. Still. I even bought a new dock thinking that might have been the issue. Nope. Then I come here and realize it is a known issue.

The first terminal prompt shows: no matches found.

The second prompt asks me for machine password. I give it. I assume it then performs the function... but after restart the function has not changed.

DisplayLink?? Are you working on this bug?
btyiemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 06:49 PM   #23
Helpless_luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyorange View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by btyiemr View Post
Same here. Still. I even bought a new dock thinking that might have been the issue. Nope. Then I come here and realize it is a known issue.

The first terminal prompt shows: no matches found.

The second prompt asks me for machine password. I give it. I assume it then performs the function... but after restart the function has not changed.

DisplayLink?? Are you working on this bug?
I am having the same issues mentioned above. There is no file found when using the terminal. I have submitted a message to their support team, so hopefully they will get back to me in a timely manner.
Helpless_luser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:46 AM   #24
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

If you are having issues with login loop please try this quick way of correcting it:
  • Download the DisplayLink Support Tool available here.
  • Disconnect your docking station from your computer for a moment - so you are able to log into your computer..
  • Run the DisplayLink Support Tool.
  • Then select Advanced in the left top corner of your top menu bar and once expanded select Reset Screen Layout.
  • Then restart the machine, connect dock again and try to log in - this may require to setup your layout one more time.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 03:31 PM   #25
Helpless_luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
If you are having issues with login loop please try this quick way of correcting it:
  • Download the DisplayLink Support Tool available here.
  • Disconnect your docking station from your computer for a moment - so you are able to log into your computer..
  • Run the DisplayLink Support Tool.
  • Then select Advanced in the left top corner of your top menu bar and once expanded select Reset Screen Layout.
  • Then restart the machine, connect dock again and try to log in - this may require to setup your layout one more time.

This worked! I ran the tool provided, then installed DisplayLink and it worked perfectly!

Thank you!
Helpless_luser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
login, macos ventura, password, password prompt, ventura 13.3