Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #1
Mr_Susan

Question Mirrored displays, not extended

Hi

I'm using my MacBook Air M1 (13.3 (22E252)) connected to a Dell WD19 dock (latest drivers installed).

I've got a Dell P2219H monitor connected to the dock via a USB C to Diplayport cable and a Dell S3422DW monitor connected to the dock via a Displayport to HDMI cable.

DisplayLink Manager 1.8.1 is installed.

The Dell P2219H is running fine at 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

The Dell S3422DW is mirroring the P2219H.

I've attached the output from DisplayLink Information.

Is there anything I can do to extend the displays rather than mirror?
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20230403_164446.zip (3.64 MB, 0 views)
Mr_Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

The Dell WD19 is not a DisplayLink powered docking station, which means that our driver will not help extending external monitors with this docking station. It is best to communicate any issues with this product with the manufacturer directly.

Also if you are using Macbook with M1 chip as well then please due to the chipset included in the new M1 Mac computers, they are unable to support dual “extended” external monitors through their Thunderbolt 3 ports. While you can still use a Thunderbolt 3 dock with the new M1 line of Mac computers to charge your laptop and gain USB, Ethernet, and audio connections, you will only be able to use a single monitor while connected to these docks. This is not a limitation of the Dell docking station, but of the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the new M1-based Mac. This limitation is not present on Intel-based Mac computers.

DisplayLink is able to extend up to 4 external monitors despite the limitation in the computer but you would need to ensure that you have a DisplayLink powered docking station. If you are interested please take a look at some of the devices on our product page: DisplayLink Product List.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
Mr_Susan

Thanks for clearing this up for me
Mr_Susan is offline   Reply With Quote