Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-29-2023, 08:13 AM   #1
Unkle Funk

Default DisplayLinkManager sees additional display - macbook recognizes it, however no image

My external display goes into power save mode because no image/video is being sent to it, apparently (thats the behavior) however both the preferences panel in MacOS (11.6.1) as well as the DisplayLink Manager software both are recognizing that the external display is attached/connected. In other words, all the software on both ends is telling me there should be a picture there , but I am not getting anything. Super frustrating. I have ordered 3 or 4 DisplayLink USB to HDMI devices at $35-$40 each, and they work for about a day and then this happens.
Unkle Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
daakal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Funk View Post
My external display goes into power save mode because no image/video is being sent to it, apparently (thats the behavior) however both the preferences panel in MacOS (11.6.1) as well as the DisplayLink Manager software both are recognizing that the external display is attached/connected. In other words, all the software on both ends is telling me there should be a picture there , but I am not getting anything. Super frustrating. I have ordered 3 or 4 DisplayLink USB to HDMI devices at $35-$40 each, and they work for about a day and then this happens.
Similarly, I have a brand new StarTech TB3 Dock (replacing a dying WD19 which worked beautifully) plugged into my MacOS 13.3.1, 14" MBP M1 Pro. Dock was wildly expensive. After allowing new Thunderbolt Connection, Power, Ethernet, Mouse and Keyboard functions. My machine see's the external display in Settings > Displays but the display is getting no input.

I dug around for ~90 min online before I tried the DisplayLink drivers, the newest for 13.x 12.x and 11.x fail to install. But if I install the 10.0 drivers those did install. Further after doing so I rebooted and my 2nd monitor came online. I thought JFC finally... Then I started up this morning and the 2nd monitor is out again, no luck nothing works, so back to digging. Absolutely cripples my work machine taking out one of my 2 monitors. (monitors work fine on home desktop, and HDMI cable tested and works fine)
daakal is offline   Reply With Quote