Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-06-2023, 05:45 AM   #1
daum123

Default The color output of hdmi and dp is different any os

First, I am not good at English. I'm sorry.

I'm using dell d6000 and have 2 monitors
and i using macbook air m1 and windows desktop (vga : gtx 1660ti)

As I wrote in the title, when I connect the monitor with dp, the normal color is output, but hdmi is extremely exaggerated color and the gray tone almost flies away.

In order, d6000 -> monitor,
I've tried dp to dp, hdmi to hdmi and dp to hdmi, but only dp to dp shows normal colors and tohdmi shows all weird colors.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZinjzGB8faMCfKoA9

There was no server to upload the image separately, so I uploaded the picture with Google Photos' photo sharing function.

If you look at the first three Google main pages that I uploaded
It is dp to dp where the first picture is printed normally.
It can be seen that both the gray highlighted part above and below the focus of the search box and the top title bar are displayed normally

And if you look at the second and third pictures, you can see that the gray at the top of the search box disappeared completely, the gray at the bottom button disappeared, and the top title bar also has a different color.
This is not well expressed in pictures, but it actually hurts my eyes very much.

But what's interesting is that there is little difference in the color and brightness of Google logos such as red, blue, and green.

The last 4th and 5th pictures are hard to believe, but they run the same image.

The fourth is dp to dp. The fifth is hdmi to hdmi.

When the monitor is connected to hdmi and dp to hdmi using a general graphics card, a very normal color is output, so this is thought to be an hdmi output issue on the d6000 or displaylink side.

For reference, this issue occurs when connecting using the d6000 regardless of windows or mac, and it is announced that the power is turned off, the driver is newly installed, and the latest firmware of the d6000 is already installed.

I need a lot of your help if anyone else is experiencing that issue or if it's a known issue or if my d6000 is broken.
daum123 is offline   Reply With Quote