Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2023, 09:32 PM   #1
macmini

Default Login Issue

Hi,
have Ventura 13.3 on mac mini, and since the update, Displaylink Manager won't start on login (checkmark is enabled).

Instead of my previous 2 Displaylink-enabled monitors, now I have to have a 3rd monitor just so when the mac turns on, I can see what's on the desktop and manually Go and turn on Displaylink Manager on my two main screens so I can use them.

Trying to add Displaylink Manager to Login Items (in System Settings/General/Login Items) to enable auto start does not work.
Clicking the + sign opens the window to choose items to add from, but when selecting Displaylink Manager, and click Open, simply nothing happens, the field remains empty.

Anyone has a solution as to what could be done, other than throwing Displaylink through the window and buy something else?
macmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:11 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmini View Post
Hi,
have Ventura 13.3 on mac mini, and since the update, Displaylink Manager won't start on login (checkmark is enabled).

Instead of my previous 2 Displaylink-enabled monitors, now I have to have a 3rd monitor just so when the mac turns on, I can see what's on the desktop and manually Go and turn on Displaylink Manager on my two main screens so I can use them.

Trying to add Displaylink Manager to Login Items (in System Settings/General/Login Items) to enable auto start does not work.
Clicking the + sign opens the window to choose items to add from, but when selecting Displaylink Manager, and click Open, simply nothing happens, the field remains empty.

Anyone has a solution as to what could be done, other than throwing Displaylink through the window and buy something else?
I encountered similar behavior after updating my system to macOS 13.3. In my specific case, I was able to resolve the issue by following these steps:

1. Disconnect the DisplayLink device from the host computer
2. Quit the DisplayLink Manager Application
3. Drag the DisplayLink Manager Application to the Trash
4. Empty the Trash (** this is an important step **)
5. Reboot the computer
6. Download and install a fresh copy of the DisplayLink Manager Application version 1.8.1.
7. Configure the DisplayLink Manager Application to start automatically at login
8. Reconnect the DisplayLink device to the host computer

If you follow those steps, does that help in your specific case?
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
macmini

Default Thank you!!!

OMG YES!!! You're a Genius!
Thank you so much for reading the post and most importantly, sharing the PERFECT SOLUTION.
I don't think I've ever encountered when the first advice right off the bet did the trick before.
Thank you so much again!
I don't know how you've come to figure out these exact steps to get things working again -well, that's why you're a GENIUS!
macmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmini View Post
OMG YES!!! You're a Genius!
Thank you so much for reading the post and most importantly, sharing the PERFECT SOLUTION.
I don't think I've ever encountered when the first advice right off the bet did the trick before.
Thank you so much again!
I don't know how you've come to figure out these exact steps to get things working again -well, that's why you're a GENIUS!
Thank you for providing the update, and you are most welcome for the assistance. I thank you as well for the kind words, they are much appreciated.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote