Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
mwest

Default Problems with DisplayLink Win 2000

Hello.

I have a win 2000 machine on new hardware, where there is no driver support for the onboard graphics. The only driver is Standard driver which is running in lowest resolution. The purpose with the computer is it is running lab software which supports win 2000 only.

I have then bought a Logilink DVI/VGA/HDMI Multi-Display Adapter to solve the problem as an external gfx where the monitor is connected. The problem is I have tried to install the Displaylink software version 5.3 B2, and I have also tried the newer versions but they shouldn't support win 2000 properly. None of the drivers seem to work. The driver says it has been installed, but when I try to connect my monitor to the adapter it doesn't get any signal. I have tried also with analog monitor but no change. I checked if the Logilink Adapter is displayed in monitor and resolution settings. I have no clue what to do. Help is very much appreciated.
mwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Wim

Windows 2000 is no longer a supported OS. If you have v5.3 or earlier (we are no longer licensed to distribute these releases) then you can use this release, but you will need a primary graphics card and driver installed, otherwise the install will fail. I think this is the issue you are seeing.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
mwest

Thanks for your reply.

So it means that I actually cannot use the Displaylink adapter as a replacement for an internal graphics card?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Wim

Yes, that's right due to the installer check. But if you have a graphics card installed and install the DisplayLink driver, you can remove the card afterwards and then DisplayLink can be used as the primary graphics card.

Note for others: this will only work on Windows 2000 and XP. Currently on Vista and later, we need the primary GPU to render the 3D effects.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
mwest

Okay. From your information I think it won' work then. The internal graphics is onboard, and it cant really be installed unless with the "Standard Driver" which means it is Windows 2000 built in drivers for all graphics cards. The real driver for the onboard graphics can't be installed as already mentioned due to there is no drivers supported for win 2000 with the onboard graphics.

Tags
2000, displaylink, logilink, windows, windows 2000