Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 08-31-2020, 12:23 PM   #1
ragu

Default unintall on debian

I installed the Ubuntu drivers on Debian. I tried to uninstall Displaylink drivers with
sudo displaylink-installer uninstall
as recommanded but it does not work ("command not found").
Is there a way to know the files/packages installed during the installation of Displaylink to remove them manually?
Thanks
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragu View Post
I installed the Ubuntu drivers on Debian. I tried to uninstall Displaylink drivers with
sudo displaylink-installer uninstall
as recommanded but it does not work ("command not found").
Is there a way to know the files/packages installed during the installation of Displaylink to remove them manually?
Thanks
I had the same issue with some kind of bad install on Ubuntu 20.04. I was able to get a copy of the uninstall script locally using the displaylink installer.

First, make a new folder for the installer output in the same directory as your displaylink-driver-5.X.X.run :
Code:
mkdir displaylink
Then, run the "run" command, but use an argument to output the contents it normally installs to a separate folder, i.e. the one you just made.

Code:
sudo ./displaylink-driver-5.X.X.run --target displaylink
Afterward, in your displaylink folder you should have a number of new scripts, including your displaylink-installer.sh. In the new directory (displaylink in this example), run the shell script with the uninstall argument:

Code:
sudo ./displaylink-installer.sh uninstall
That successfully did an uninstall for me, and I was able to run the "run" installer again and get it to work. Afterward, switching to Xorg allowed me to actually recognize and use my screen.
balloon is offline   Reply With Quote