Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-05-2019, 06:54 AM   #1
snipe122

Angry Dell D6000 USB-C <> HDMI problem

Hi,

I am running the Dell D6000 against a Dell 7480.

Everything works fine with the default driver version installed by Windows 10 (8.3.2008.0). Since I wanted to install later drivers, I tried drivers from the Dell page and also from the Displaylink page but non of those seems to work correctly.

Even a newer driver from Windows update (8.5.3459.0) is not working. The only thing that helps is rolling back to the original driver. I even tried the latest driver from DisplayLink page.

I have only a single Lenovo FHD 27" screen connected via HDMI. With the newer driver versions this screen is not detected, I just hear the USB plug/unplug sound all the time. WIth the original driver it works straight away.

Dell 7480 BIOS is up-to-date and also the latest Intel Graphics driver is installed (25.20.100.6472). Everything is running on Windows 10 1803.

When I connect the dock to a USB-A port everything works even with newer drivers.

What could be causing this issue?

Thanks for your help.
snipe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
snipe122

Hi,

I have checked further, in the eventlog following error is there (with latest displaylink driver):

Description:
The device Dell Universal Dock D6000 (location 0000.0014.0000.018.001.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Disabling and enabling the device helps the issue.

Meanwhile I have written a script which kicks in when I plug in AC:

$d = Get-PnpDevice| where {$_.friendlyname -like "Dell Universal Dock D6000"}
Start-Sleep -s 15
$d | Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false
Start-Sleep -s 10
$d | Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false

What could be the problem?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
snipe122

This issue seems to only happen the second time when I dock my computer. First docking works. The when undocking / docking again the HDMI screen is not coming up.

Other docking station (same model, same firmware) with screen connected through DisplayPort works fine, so this seems to be only happening with HDMI screen connected.

Noone else experiencing this issue?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
asdfsafd

Same problem here with a DELL Precision 5530 Notebook on Windows 10 latest and a USB3to4k DisplayLink adapter. Same error message. Same behaviour.
asdfsafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
snipe122

Hi asdfsafd,

glad that I am not alone.

Are you able to collect logs for this to post it here for DL team? I am not able to since my company does not allow me tu run the software from DL to collect the logs...
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #6
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I would like to apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

As your dock works fine in USB-A mode, I don't see the issue is with DisplayLink chip, driver or firmware.
The HDMI output can be driven from 2 different modes: DisplayLink over standard USB, or DisplayPort Alternate-Mode over USB-C plug.
The internal circuitry of the Dell D6000 means that for DisplayLink, everything is DisplayPort (Dell has DisplayPort to HDMI converter to drive the HDMI output from either DisplayLink or DisplayPort over USB-C).
From a driver point of view, having a DisplayPort or HDMI is not different.
I think the dock USB-C controller is playing up here. It doesn't activate in USB-A mode, and you seem to have full functionality in USB-A mode.

Would you please be able to use the Dell flasher to update the controller they have in the dock?

If you've got access to C:\Windows\Temp\DisplayLink, I could also have a look at DisplayLinkManager.log, to be taken just after you've reproduced the problem and then disconnected the dock (so the file isn't open).

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:56 PM   #7
N-F

Default Same issue with DisplayLink logs

Hi,
I have the same issue and have attached the logs from C:\Windows\Temp\DisplayLink.
The last time I had
"The device Dell Universal Dock D6000 (location 003b.0000.0000.003.001.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."
was 17.02.2022 14:14:57.

Best Regards
N-F
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink.zip (2.74 MB, 0 views)
N-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #8
N-F

I used to use HDMI for 1st monitor and DP for 2nd monitor.
Now changed to 2x DP monitors and observing.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #9
N-F

Default Same issue with 2x DP monitors

Same issue with 2x DP monitors
Old 06-23-2022, 04:50 PM   #10
ManSurfingOnLifeBuoy

Smile Cannot display the third monitor on D6000 with latest driver downloaded this morning

I've been having problems with my Ethernet since the last Windows Update (3 weeks ago).
Didn't have time to look for a solution and I was able to connect through WiFi.

But yesterday and today, I had time to work on that problem.
Try this, and this and that.

So this morning I thought that maybe this could be the Docking Station.
So I uninstalled DisplayLink Graphics (USB and Display) in Control Panel/Uninstall Program, then I ran DisplayLink Installation Cleaner 9.1.1462.exe + Rebooted.

Previously I was using Version: 10.1.2762.0, then Version: 10.1.2875.0, and the only problem I encounter was that sometimes, I had to plug-unplug-plug-unplug a couple of times to get the third monitor to display the right things. Some times, it took 25min to get there but I always did get there.

This morning I downloaded and installed Version: 10.2.6943.0 + Rebooted.
No can do.
And nothing else is connected to the docking station.
Started with only one monitor, then two and then the third one.
The third monitor doesn't want to cooperate.
I flipped the connections and that monitor was perfectly fine on the second connection and now it was the second monitor on third connection that doesn't want to turn on.
Same thing if I flip the other connection (first monitor with thirds).

I have a DELL G2410 as a center monitor (a bit older) and 2 E2414HT on each side.
I plugged 2 DisplayPort to HDMI in the back of the D6000.
I use 3 DVI to HDMI cable from the monitors.
The third connection is directly in the HDMI slot on the D6000.
And that HDMI is the one that always make a problem.

The D6000 is connected to my LENOVO Carbon X1 on the USB-C (ThunderBolt) slot.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Ethernet is 1Gbps, speakers are connected to the din connector and one passport external drive is connected to one USB, a camera and a keyboard too, on USB-A.
Nothing that can usually conflict with DL.

Like I said, I had 3 monitors working fine this morning and it supposed to be better with a newer driver but it seem not to be the case.

Need you guys !

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi guys, just rolled back to DisplayLink-Dock-Driver_FF21H_WIN_10.1.2814.0_A04.EXE and it works fine with the three monitors perfectly showing everything.

I still have my Ethernet problem but it should be a Windows problem.

I'll stick to my old version for the moment.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by ManSurfingOnLifeBuoy; 06-23-2022 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Found a solution
ManSurfingOnLifeBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote