Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2020, 06:24 PM   #1
bigLITTLE

Unhappy M1 + HP USB-C Universal Dock G2

It works perfectly fine during normal operation, however after I unplugged my MacBook Pro and plugging it back, the dock works normally except the external DisplayLink displays are not working. I have to unplug, plug the dock again, in order the external DisplayLink displays to be detected.

Anyone else having the same issue?

DisplayLink connection manager v1.2
bigLITTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:57 PM   #2
bigLITTLE

It appears after the laptop is on battery (unplugged) then went into its power save mode, when we plug back in to the docking, the display isn't connecting on the first place, need to unplug and plug the docking again to make it work.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
anthlover

Default Refresh

I have noticed that Displaylink 1.2 software needs refresh button or should poll for changes periodically. The easiest way at current to deal with changes to what is cabled up is to close and re-open the displaylink software. Power cycle your hub if it has a power button, etc.

Last edited by anthlover; 12-30-2020 at 05:25 AM.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:22 AM   #4
bigLITTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthlover View Post
I have noticed that Displaylink 1.2 software needs refresh button or should poll for changes periodically. The easiest way at current to deal with changes to what is cabled up is to close and re-open the displaylink software.
I just tried closing the DisplayLink manager and reopening it, without unplugging and plugging the docking back and I got my display is detected. So, your finding is correct.

Can anyone from DisplayLink official comment on this thread?
Old 12-30-2020, 10:57 PM   #5
bigLITTLE

Unhappy Pretty annoying

This is getting pretty annoying as I need to unplug and plug the dock back in like 4 times before my external displays detected
Old 12-31-2020, 01:08 AM   #6
anthlover

Power Cycling your doc should work too. Mine (Targus 180) has a power button making easier then jacking the power cable. You can try contacting support with your particulars.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:15 AM   #7
bigLITTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthlover View Post
Power Cycling your doc should work too. Mine (Targus 180) has a power button making easier then jacking the power cable. You can try contacting support with your particulars.
I did, they said it's a driver-related issue, so it's best to contact DisplayLink support.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:11 PM   #8
anthlover

Default Yeah

They said the same for missing resolutions on some monitors like 1440p option on my LG 4K. At least there working on it. Over all I am happy with Displaylink/Targus 180. It does not hiccup for me that often. Works well enough I put away my Caldigit Mini Thunderbolt dock and use the Targus 180 for both my work and personal M1 Air.. Less futzing that way.

I run Clam shell mode on both. Logitech mouse and KB, Ethernet, universal usb reciever for Plantronics headset, power delivery to M1/Mbook Pro 15, two monitors. Though for now I run one monitor directly connected to a USB-c to HDMI adapter to get the 1440 resolution option.