Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Stoney

I also updated to the newest NVIDIA driver yesterday, problem still remains.
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
armaldon

A few other observations that might help.

I primarly use the USB monitor to display Rainmeter. When the program settings is on focus, it displays on the monitor, when it loses, the screen becomes dark. While on focus, if I right click on the monitor, nothing happens. Left clicked on it, brings the start screen.

Putting Chrome in that screen, it behaves correctly while it is on focus. When it loses focus, the screen goes dark again.

With the windows explorer windows, they won't show, even if they are on focus.
armaldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Wim

Thanks for the update. We're buying this card to try and reproduce the problem and fix it.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
iampedro

I have a Dell Latitude E6530 with Nvidia NVS 5200M & Intel HD Graphics 4000, and my computer monitor now blinks randomly.
iampedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
mfinn999

I am experiencing the exact situation as Post #12. I have Rainmeter on my 7" USB display, and is worked correctly under Windows 8. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1, the screen simply displays my start screen color and will show the start menu if I click on that solid color. Moving windows to that screen will show them until I click on any other window.

I have a Intel DH61CR motherboard and Core i3 processor, two 17" screens using the built-in Intel Graphics, with a third 7" DisplayLink USB screen

Last edited by mfinn999; 10-24-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added info about my system setup
mfinn999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Wim

OK - we have an NVIDIA 670 GTX and reproduced the issue. Now being investigated.

Wim
Old 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #17
Wim

The issue we reproduced looks to be something different to the problem on this thread, as it was caused by multiple GPUs on the test machine (an unsupported scenario).

Now we have the GTX 670 as the only graphics card, it is working fine. Suspicion is that this could be something to do with Windows as it sounds like we are rendering the pixels that Windows gives us onto the USB display.

Could someone record a quick video to show what they are seeing? Also, when you see the problem, can you "print screen" and paste it into Paint, and see if this is the same as you are seeing on the extended screen? If so, then this sounds like a Windows issue with multiple displays and Windows not correctly rendering the desktop to all displays.

Wim
Old 10-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
armaldon

I just the did the "print screens", and it does shows what is being displayed on the extended monitor.

Soon, I will try to make a quick video of this issue
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
armaldon

I did some quick videos of the display issues I currently have.

First video, showing with Rainmeter
http://youtu.be/HVDMO7p6LyQ

The screen starts on that dark color background, when I click on Rainmeter settings it appears (it gains focus). Then, I go to that screen and click on the desktop, Rainmeter loses focus and the dark background appears again. If I right click on it, nothing happens. After left clicking on it, the windows start menu screen appears.

The second one is the same issues but putting Chrome into focus
http://youtu.be/a5B2roq-iPA
After Chrome is on focus, I can interact with it normally. After it loses focus, the dark color screen appears and it behaves exactly as in the previous video.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
Stoney

Here's a small video of the issue. Sorry for the bad quality. As you see on start of windows, the usb monitor is grey like the background of my windows start screen. When I click the right mouse button the windows start screen appears, but not the team speak client. So I have to reset the usb monitor, than do it again and after set i have to change the resolution from 600x800 to 480x800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZHky...ature=youtu.be
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote