Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Senseless

Thumbs down Fujitsu PR07 all moving intermittently (((

Hello everybody!
After installing all necessary drivers to this device and connecting it to my laptop there is a problem appeared. While dragging window its moving intermittently. And also animation when I am minimizing or maximizing windows is not smoothly. Tried it on other notebooks and different operating systems. Windows XP, Windows 7 Enterprise x86 and x64 a problem still exists. Tried to use drivers from CD which were with a device, tried new one drivesr on a fujitsu.com, and tried DisplayLink drivers and even Beta from this site.

Help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110204_175423.zip (826.3 KB, 943 views)

Last edited by Senseless; 02-04-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Please change the graphics mode from Windows Basic to Windows Aero and see if this fixes your issue. More info about different graphics modes can be found in this FAQ:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=260

It may also be worth updating your primary Graphics Driver: 8.15.10.2025 Dated 2009-12-18.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Senseless

Quote:
Please change the graphics mode from Windows Basic to Windows Aero
I'm already using a Windows Aero Theme.
Quote:
It may also be worth updating your primary Graphics Driver: 8.15.10.2025 Dated 2009-12-18
Primary graphics driver? Ok I'll try a new one. I've tried this Port Replicator on several other notebooks with different graphic adapters. Intel HD, Ati, and Nvidia. Same problem on different Operating systems. Win XP x86, Windows 7 Enterprise x86, x64. SAME PROBLEM ON ALL OS! I was testing this port replicator ha year ago everything was fine but now this problem appeared. Maybe older or newer drivers will help, but I have tried all of them. From Vista & Windows 7 x64. Still the same. Our company bought 15 of them. I've got something to do with it.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Senseless

It simply cant be! I'am the only man who have this problem? Everybody else just have only some software problems? After installing Windows 7 Enterprise x86 on a Fujitsu PH530 Display Link Software said that your video accelerator is unsupported. How can it be? Can someone provide which software are you using and what kind of notebook this docking station is connected to? Please, guys, there's should be some kind of way out.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Pawel

Lightbulb

You were not running in Aero mode when gathering the log files using the Support Tool, you are still in Basic mode unless you've changed it.

Have you updated your primary graphics driver?

Please re-run the debug tool and attach the zip file again for verification.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Senseless

Hmmm, I thought that I was using Aero theme. I've changed my theme to Aero theme, and created a report log that is in attachment.
I've updated my graphics driver and now my external monitor wont work if I plug it directly to my notebook. Updating graphics card drivers didn't solved a problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110208_123824.zip (1.90 MB, 832 views)

Last edited by Senseless; 02-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Senseless

So looks like there's nothing left to do, that don't use these port replicators. Nobody knows what to do, nobody knows is there's any fix. And I wonder that looks like I'm the only one who have this issue. Looks like USB Video card just can't process all data fast, but why?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
Senseless

When I fast dragging window from one side to another several times task manager shows that processor is loaded to the max. And when I simply maximizing and minimizing any big window DisplayLinkManager.exe loads CPU about ~15%. So looks like all lags because of this process which maybe simply taking too much memory.