Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
nettech_gt

Thumbs up Game freezes in fullscreen mode

When my laptop (XP 32bit/Display Link driver 5.5.27797.0) is connected to my Toshiba Dyna Dock U and I maximize the game window the game freezes. (it doesn't matter which monitor is configured as the primary or what monitor the game is dragged to or opened on) However when my laptop is not connected to the dock the game works with no problems in full screen. The game is called wagic. It is a fantasy card game and its not graphic intensive at all. It doesn't even get installed its just a exe. Help....!

Wagic is free and can be downloaded here:

http://wololo.net/wagic/download/

I have attached the debug logs. THANX!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20101130_165531.zip (432.3 KB, 719 views)

Last edited by Pawel; 12-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Does it happen only when playing this particular game or when playing other games / watching movies in full screen as well?

I have reproduced this issue on our XP and Win 7 test machines (both playing the game on the primary screen and on the external monitor) and it worked without an issue.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
nettech_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Does it happen only when playing this particular game or when playing other games / watching movies in full screen as well?

I have reproduced this issue on our XP and Win 7 test machines (both playing the game on the primary screen and on the external monitor) and it worked without an issue.

I don't have any other games to test. (except the windows games) Pinball and Solitaire seem to work fine in full screen after the window is minimized then maximized again. Movies play in full screen no problem.

When Wagic is opened it opens in a small window and there is a flame animation on each of the symbols in center of the screen. ( the flame moves as you scroll to the next symbol) When the window is maximized the flame disappears and when you scroll through the different symbols it either freezes or runs really sluggish. When the window is put back in "windowed mode" (the way it looks when you first open it) the flames return and you can scroll smoothly.

Is this what you reproduced? Or are you telling me when the window is maximized you see the flame animation and you can scroll through the symbols just as smoothly as when in "windowed mode" ?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Pawel

Lightbulb

Yep, I was able to see the flame animation and scroll through the symbols in maximized mode just as smoothly as when in "windowed mode" (see the attachments)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	windowed.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	235   Click image for larger version

Name:	full_s.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	236  
Old 12-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
nettech_gt

Quote:
Yep, I was able to see the flame animation and scroll through the symbols in maximized mode just as smoothly as when in "windowed mode" (see the attachments)
Any idea why I'm having the issue only when my laptop is connected to my dock?

What Display Link adapter/dock are you testing with? What version of the driver are you using? THANX!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Pawel

Lightbulb

I've tested it with Logitec USB Graphics Adapter (DL-160) and 5.5.27797.0 driver. There is nothing wrong with DisplayLink SW, one of your codecs may cause this issue, but this is just a guess. It does work on our test machines.

Regards
Old 12-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
nettech_gt

Quote:
I've tested it with Logitec USB Graphics Adapter (DL-160) and 5.5.27797.0 driver. There is nothing wrong with DisplayLink SW, one of your codecs may cause this issue, but this is just a guess. It does work on our test machines.

Regards
How would one of my codecs possibly cause this problem? How could I test it?

Also in a desperate attempt to try figure out at lest the next thing to try to figure this out what, brand/model video card is used in your test and what version drivers?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Pawel

Lightbulb

The laptop used for testing has an integrated graphics controller of Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset family, using 6.14.10.4926 driver.

Just to clarify, when you say the window is maximized, do you mean with or without Windows borders?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
nettech_gt

Quote:
The laptop used for testing has an integrated graphics controller of Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset family, using 6.14.10.4926 driver.

Just to clarify, when you say the window is maximized, do you mean with or without Windows borders?
With borders. (just like the picture you posted)
Old 12-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
nettech_gt

I have now tested this on a different laptop also with Windows XP SP3 32bit. I updated the video drivers to 6.14.12.6099. (Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M). I used Display link drivers 5.5 M1. The Display link adapter is Diamond BVU 195. I experienced the the exact issue as described above. (works in maximized mode when not connected to a Display link adapter. But dose not when connected to a Display link adapter.

So now I have tried two different brands of Display link adapters and two different laptops with different video chip sets. But the same version OS. I'm still desperately looking for some guidance. Do you have access to a Diamond BVU 195 or a Dyna Dock U? THANX!