Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 11-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
displaysadness

Exclamation Displayport Monitors No Longer Work

After the upgrade to Linux 6.0, and rebuilding the evdi module with the patch to make it build on Linux 6.x, my monitors that are connected over Displayport no longer work with the Dell D6000. HDMI works fine, even if I connect the same monitors which aren't working when connected over DP.

I've tried disconnecting everything but one DP connection, tried connecting both HDMI and DP to the same monitor, tried new cables, the whole standard suite of debugging, but I haven't had any success -- including under both Wayland and X.

The strange thing is that the monitors seemingly don't even show up when connected over DP. By connecting a single monitor both over HDMI and DP, waiting for HDMI to work, then disconnecting just the HDMI, I can get it to be recognized by the computer -- but all resolutions and refresh rates result in the monitor displaying "Out of Range". Very occasionally I can get this to happen just by replugging the same monitor over and over again.

I've attached two sets of logs -- one when it was connected to all three monitors (2 DP, both on, and 1 HDMI, off; the one timestamped 12:12), and one when one of the monitors was displaying the "Out of Range" state (timestamped 12:38).

Hopefully that is enough info to give you some suggestions about what I can do to fix this!
displaysadness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debian, displayport, linux