Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Yubi

Question Fit to TV option unavailable

I've got a USB to HDMI adapter I just purchased and have set up. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. This is the third display device and it is a 32" LCD TV. Video drivers are up to date as are the DisplayLink ones(both updated in the last 30min).

Now my problem is that the "Fit to TV" option is grey'd out. The TV is in extended mode and the display seems to be showing up in a zoomed in state. Where I can't see the edges of whatever I'd displaying up there. This only happens when I set to max resolution (1920x1080). If I lower the resolution to 1366x768 it shows just fine. If I lower it yet again to 1280x720 it loses the edges again.

I don't know if there's another issue here but as far as I can tell the "Fit to TV" option would take care of the problem for me. If you require additional info or have any trouble shooting steps for me please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Yubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Wim

Fit to TV is only available when you have 2 displays connected to your PC. When more than 2 are connected, the option is greyed out. We don't support the option when there are more than 2 displays.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
Yubi

Ok, and the resolution problems are normal then? If Fit to TV isn't available when there are more than two displays then does that just mean that anyone using one of your devices for a third display just has to deal with poor resolution?

I mean, I get that there is no option, but shouldn't it still work properly? Seems kind of silly since I'm sure a lot of people pick this device up specifically for an additional display. And for it to not work under those conditions... Is there nothing that can be done to resolve the resolution issues?
Yubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Wim

Yes - they are normal for TVs. Its called HDMI Overscan. It might be possible to turn it off in the TV settings, which tends to be an option nowadays.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
mediagiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Fit to TV is only available when you have 2 displays connected to your PC. When more than 2 are connected, the option is greyed out. We don't support the option when there are more than 2 displays.

Wim
For me, Fit to TV is greyed out despite there only being 2 displays. I have two separate DisplayLink adapters, each pointing to one display.

So, it is more than 2 or more than 1?
mediagiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit, fit to tv, windows 7, windows 7 64 bit