Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Applications > Zero Clients/Thin Clients
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
jjacobs

Default Multipoint server 2011 & Toshiba USB Docking

Hello,

I have a Optiplex 755 (Q6600 and 4 GB ram) and I would like to use it for Multipoint Server 2011. In the desktop there is a ATI graphical card with a 2 way VGA output. This configuration works fine. I have 2 USB Hubs + 1 Toshiba USB Docking plugged in.

But when I want to add the Toshiba USB Docking, I'm installing the DisplayLink Drivers for Multipoint Server 2011. This works. I'm getting a 3th screen, but when I want to determine what keyboard I want to use I get stuck. After 5 sec the 3th screen is going into sleep and it is not possible to choose my keyboard. I tried several times to reconfigure my input settings for all the 3 clients, the first 2 work fine, but for the extra Toshiba USB Docking screen it is not possible.

I also tried to split my screen that is connected to the docking and the strange thing is that it is possible to select my 3 keyboard for that spitted screen but not for the main screen :s

Any Ideas?

Tx
Johan
Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Wim

I think the problem here is that Multipoint server associates a client by the display, mouse and keyboard to be all connected to the same USB hub. In the Toshiba dock, there are 2 hubs daisy chained together. I suspect the display is on one hub and the keyboard on another so they are not being associated.

This is why there are specific devices made for Multipoint server that all connect to one hub.

Wim