Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Angry Screen doesn't turn on, Ubuntu 18

Whenever I boot the system, or return after the screensaver turned off the screens, or I plug in the docking station, there is a roughly 80% chance that the monitor will stay powered off. In the other ~20% the external monitor might power on after several (5-10) minutes and I am able to use it without any other issues.

In all cases the external monitor is detected by all software (xrandr, Gnome, KDE, etc), the issue is only that is doesn't power on most of the times.

I am using an HP USB-C dock: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-c-dock-g4

and DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Ubuntu 5.1

I tried several different monitors, cables, even docks and none work reliably.
OlafGugansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.