Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
rjford

Default Mac M1 and Philips monitors.

Hey all I am currently using a Mac Pro 13" 2021 model, and I have updated the display link software, and my Mac OS to the latest versions. I am using x2 Philips PHL276E9Q Monitors through a Plugable UDH-6950H. After update the Mac OS and then the DisplayLink software, only one of the Philips monitors will show anything. In the Apple Preferences for displays it is showing the second monitor is rotated and its grayed out with no options for me to select from. I have attempted deleting and re installing the Display Link software, I have restarted the computer, the only thing that I didn't do was delete the old Display Link before installing the new one. I didn't see that step until it was too late. I have unplugged and power cycled the Plugable device as well, and nothing is working currently. Still only getting a display on the Mac, and 1 external, and when I close the mac to go into clamshell the one display that is working, only displays my wallpaper and everything goes away (to which I am assuming that its making the monitor not displaying anything the main monitor.) so I am stuck on how to try and fix this currently. Plugable and DisplayLink arent open on weekends. I also do not see anyone else running into this problem. Both monitors are detected by the Mac and Display Link
rjford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:39 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjford View Post
Hey all I am currently using a Mac Pro 13" 2021 model, and I have updated the display link software, and my Mac OS to the latest versions. I am using x2 Philips PHL276E9Q Monitors through a Plugable UDH-6950H. After update the Mac OS and then the DisplayLink software, only one of the Philips monitors will show anything. In the Apple Preferences for displays it is showing the second monitor is rotated and its grayed out with no options for me to select from. I have attempted deleting and re installing the Display Link software, I have restarted the computer, the only thing that I didn't do was delete the old Display Link before installing the new one. I didn't see that step until it was too late. I have unplugged and power cycled the Plugable device as well, and nothing is working currently. Still only getting a display on the Mac, and 1 external, and when I close the mac to go into clamshell the one display that is working, only displays my wallpaper and everything goes away (to which I am assuming that its making the monitor not displaying anything the main monitor.) so I am stuck on how to try and fix this currently. Plugable and DisplayLink arent open on weekends. I also do not see anyone else running into this problem. Both monitors are detected by the Mac and Display Link
Based on your description, it sounds like you will have to reset the macOS Display settings to their defaults.

DisplayLink has described how to do so in this post --> https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...3&postcount=18

Note, that the download link to the reset script in that specific post is out of date. The updated link to the script is here --> https://synaptics.com/products/displ...sistence-reset

If that does not help, I would recommend you contact Plugable directly for assistance --> https://plugable.com/pages/support
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote