Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #11
NKYadav

I hate to sound like a broken record, but since this is probably going to be an extended fix, and to prevent future breakdowns like this, can we have a small FTP site with the last 2 or three Win10 specific drivers?

I have a paid MediaFire account that I would be willing to host those files on permanently (and free of any sort of charge, obligation, or anything) to help users get out of a jam if (when) something like this happens again so that you don't have to expose that much more of your own bandwidth. The codebase for Win10 is nowhere near complete, and to honestly believe that there will be no more problems with this (or any other) driver is pretty naïve.

However, with the testing that I am performing for my company, I am using this machine in a simulated environment but as if it is a production environment, including addressing tests like VPN access, server monitoring, Remote Desktop services, and am about to start testing Desktop virtualization, as well as native Hyper-V virtualization in the OS itself. And, being lazy, and liking to show off, I keep taking the machine out of the simulated environment and into the production environment more so than I should - but because it is simply faster to do so.

Please, please, *PLEASE* give us access to older, stable drivers so that we can more effectively test the OS itself, as well as have a backup plan when testing a newly released version of the current driver doesn't work as well as it should out in the field.

Thank you.