Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 10-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #11
Wunsz

XPS 15 9560 + D6000 (17.10, 4.13 kernel)

I have noticed that then I plug in the dock via normal USB3 (not the Type-C port) and supply the laptop with power from another AC (the original one form laptop) the disconnects happen much less frequently.

1 day of tests: 1 disconnect.

Today I will however test Type-C + intel_iommu fix proposed by FrodeJemtland. Will let you know by the end of the day.

My current config: https://displaylink.org/forum/showth...4543#post84543

PS: To the mods. The 300s reply time is stupid... Why do I have to wait so long before replying in threads relevant to my problems?

EDIT:
Type-C with new settings - 3 disconnects within 20 minutes, going back to charger + USB3

Last edited by Wunsz; 10-30-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: New info
Wunsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #12
FrodeJemtland

Default Final solution.....

Hi.

I'm giving up on the D6000. I'm feed up.

After reading other posts about this I see others are doing the same.

I'm in a position that I have access to other dockings, so changing to Dell TB16 was quite easy. (Should have done it weeks ago....)
FrodeJemtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #13
sam112233

Default This may help

Hi all,
I have the same issue with disconnecting display link. I am using Ubuntu Mate 17.10 with the Dell D6000.

For me, it seems to be related to using the audio output. Every time I use my computer without listening to music, the display link will disconnect. When I am listening to music, display link is maintained. I have repeated this about a dozen times over the last week or so.

It's not a fix, but it makes it much easier to manage whilst we wait for an updated driver that hopefully fixes this issue.

It would be interesting if other people are able to repeat this with their set-ups.

Many thanks,
Sam
sam112233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #14
Jérémie

Default Solution

Hi all,

Does someone has found a solution ( or do you know an other dock which is fully compatible with ubuntu ? )

Thanks in advance

Jérémie
Jérémie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #15
edclement

Default D6000 Dock fix

After a few days of struggling, I managed to find a solution on Ubuntu 17.10. Hope this works for everyone having problems with the D6000 dock. Below format is markdown (to lazy to convert it)

## Instructions for fixing the blanking monitor on dock issue within Ubuntu.
**Make sure to reboot after making the changes!**

#### Disable USB AutoSuspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/default/tlp` and change the below value from `1` to `0`

```
USB_AUTOSUSPEND=0
```

* `sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/01-usb-dock.rules`. This will create a new file.

```
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="2b95", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="0005", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0003", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04d9", ATTR{idProduct}=="0143", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04f3", ATTR{idProduct}=="24a1", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0608", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0610", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0620", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="06c4", ATTR{idProduct}=="c411", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="17e9", ATTR{idProduct}=="6006", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
```

#### Disable Display Power Management
* `sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf` Append the below options to the file.

```
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-3-2"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-2-1"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection
```

#### Disable audio suspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`. Comment out the line indicated below.

```
### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle
```

#### Disale USB wake in BIOS
Boot into the BIOS by pressing the F12 key as the machine turns on. Under `Power Management` >> `USB Wake Support` uncheck both boxes.
edclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #16
edclement

Default D6000 Dock fix

EDIT - Duplicate of last message
edclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #17
Jérémie

Default Seems to work

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I have do what you proposed (I am on ubuntu 16.04) and for the moment, it seems to work. No more monitor problems seems few hours (vs 5 in one hour this morning)
Jérémie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #18
imexil

Default Still an issue on Ubuntu 18.04.1

Hi,

luckily I found this thread and work around. Still thought it would be good to confirm that this issue is still persistent with a Dell Latitude 7490 and Ubuntu (Mate) 18.04.1 installed.
imexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #19
imexil

Default Workaround not working 100%

Just another update. The workaround seemed to enlong the "uptime" but does not resolve the issue.
imexil is offline   Reply With Quote