Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
skeebs

Default Hub USB-A Accessories will stop working

tl;dr - I have a 2020 Macbook Pro 13" connected to a hub. Said hub is powered by the Macbook Pro charger, which subsequently charges the device itself. After a short while (20-60 minutes), the USB-A ports on the hub will stop working while the rest of the hub is still working fine.

I recently got a monitor for my 2020 Macbook Pro 13" that's connected directly via displayport to its type-c port. Another type-c cable runs from the Macbook to the hub, powered by the Macbook Pro's charger itself. The hub is connected to external speakers via aux, internet via ethernet, logitech mouse adapter, and usb keyboard.

After anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour, the mouse and keyboard will suddenly stop working but the hub itself will be fine... Youtube's still playing so the ethernet connection is good, sound coming out confirms the aux is good as well, obviously the connection between the Macbook and hub seems to be working... I've tried near everything now and have switched countless number of connection combinations to see if power is being allocated differently but no dice. About ready to just call it a quality control issue and start shopping again.

Thanks in advance!
skeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

If there is an issue with a device that is plugged into one of the dock’s USB ports this does not go through the DisplayLink chip and support must be sought from the manufacturer.

If there is an issue with a device that is plugged into a video output on the dock then this does go through the DisplayLink chip so we can provide troubleshooting assistance.

Please confirm if the video is working.
If it is just the USB devices please reach out to the manufacturer of the device for further support.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote