Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Always$omething

Unhappy HP USB Media Docking Station - HP Notebook

My DisplayLink device (HP USB Media Docking Station) freezes several times during the day on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system. I thought it was something to do with my HP notebook, but when I leave the docking station disconnected, the notebook never does freeze-up. Once the system freezes the only way to make things work again seems to be holding down the power button until the system shuts down, and then I restart the notebook.

Aero is on.
I am using DisplayLink Core Software ver. 5.6.31854.0
DisplayLink Graphics ver. 5.6.31870.0

This seems to be a fairly recent manifestation since about 3 weeks to a month ago.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Sign me frustrated.
Always$omething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Wim

Can you post the debug logs, with advanced logging, as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Always$omething

Here is the data gathered.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20110602_104751.zip (186.8 KB, 12 views)
Always$omething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Wim

Hi

The log files don't show anything out of the ordinary from our software. You say the whole system freezes, but there is no blue screen?

This sounds like it could be more to do with hardware, maybe memory or overheating. This might only occur as more CPU and memory is used when DisplayLink is connected, causing the problem to occur.

Without a blue screen dmp file, there is not much more we can do to remotely debug what is going wrong here, as it sounds like a fundamental system problem, rather than a software crash.

Wim
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
louis

Hi All,

Do you have any update on this?

We are having the same issue on hp 5320 m probooks with the USB 2.0 docking stations.

sometimes we can't reboot the laptop without first taking the battery out. it just sits there with the fan going in overdrive with a black screen.
louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
Dan
Banned

Hi Louis,

I'm really sorry you're having trouble. Could you email techsupport@displaylink.com please? Please cite me.

thanks,

Dan Ellis
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
nothappy

Default HP notebook freezes

Hello,

We have HP 4530s notebook and HP USB Media docking station with LG w2442PA monitor. The notebook freezes. When this happens the only way to reboot the computer is by holding the power on/off button. Yesterday the user has an issue with the monitor flickering and showing same image even after computer restart. We got rid of the flickering image by powering off the docking station. The notebook freezes today and I use the Displaylink debug tool to gather the information. Is there anyone from displaylink support able to troubleshoot the issue?
nothappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
nothappy

Here is the attached zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clr-adm-100_20110726_118314.zip (1.06 MB, 15 views)
nothappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
ovalhed

Default Another HP notebook freeze

I have HP Pavilion dv7 with USB media port replicator using DisplayLink software driver USB Graphics WIndows Driver 5.6M1 which installed itself as
version 5.6.31854.0 on my computer. I am using 2 external monitors with laptop; Samsung model SyncMaster 930B monitors.
Computer continues to lock up, freeeze and completely stop at unpredictable random times and needs complete power shut down in order to have computer function again.
Does anyone have any idea what new work around I can use to fix this problem with DisplayLink issue?
Thanks

Last edited by ovalhed; 07-26-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
ovalhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
Wim

Hi

If the whole system freezes, then there is something going seriously wrong. There should normally be some information written if the machine crashes in this way. Can you check that the system is set to write debugging information when it happens as this will give a clue as to what has gone wrong.

The guide here describes how to do this, then hopefully when it occurs you will get a Blue screen and some debugging information written.

Let me know once you have this and I'll send you some details of where to upload it.

Thanks

Wim