Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #11
Civilwarrior

Exclamation Same issue as OP

I am having the same issue as the OP. I have tried everything I can think to resolve the issue of my USB monitor not working after upgrading to windows 10, but I have to go to work and earn money, which is infinitely preferable to bashing my head against the desk at home. Attached is the support file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MISSYMARIE_20150908_055915.zip (475.7 KB, 1 views)
Civilwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
JamesH

@Civilwarrior

Hi,

Can you try these steps?

1. Open the registry (run regedit.exe) and delete the this key:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Configuration
2. Delete the this key
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Connectivity
3. Exit regedit tool and reboot.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #13
Johngibson

Unhappy Still the same

Hello, I backed up my Registry, then deleted both keys as you directed. After a reboot, some basic display settings were gone (as you would expect). Connected dock with monitor on the HDMI port that was originally working...still works.

Attached second monitor to DisplayPort of HP3005pr...exact same behavior. After about 30 seconds the dock crashes and I default to my laptop display only. Dock continues to function when only one external monitor is connected to the HDMI port output.

Summary: Deleting these keys results in no improvement. Thanks for the idea...keep them coming!!!
Johngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:46 AM   #14
Civilwarrior

ran regedit.exe, and neither of those keys appear to be present.
Civilwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #15
Johngibson

Default Any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngibson View Post
Hello, I backed up my Registry, then deleted both keys as you directed. After a reboot, some basic display settings were gone (as you would expect). Connected dock with monitor on the HDMI port that was originally working...still works.

Attached second monitor to DisplayPort of HP3005pr...exact same behavior. After about 30 seconds the dock crashes and I default to my laptop display only. Dock continues to function when only one external monitor is connected to the HDMI port output.

Summary: Deleting these keys results in no improvement. Thanks for the idea...keep them coming!!!
My productivity is very low without my second dock monitor working. I have used 2 monitors for many years, please let me know if you have any other ideas or what your findings from the logs are. I appreciate your assistance but really need to resolve this ASAP!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #16
Johngibson

James...Any new ideas to try out? I will gladly try any beta drivers etc. and give you meaningful feedback to work towards a solution. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
JamesH

Hi,

Having now got the right 700T (the one I had before was an older variant) I'm currently installing Windows 10 and will report back with my findings tomorrow.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
Johngibson

Thank you James
Old 09-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #19
Johngibson

James...any updates or activities you want me to try?

FYI another interesting development. I used one of the USB ports on the front of the HP3005pr to plug in a thumb drive. This also caused the dock to crash...thought you might find this development informative.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #20
Johngibson

James,

Interesting development...I borrowed a Targus ACP70USZ from a friend to try. I wanted to see if the results were different. Low and behold both attached monitors (and my PC monitor) work without any crashes. This dock has one monitor connected via HDMI and the other via DVI.

I hope this offers you some information to help troubleshoot my HP3005PR. I am sure you have more information...but from my cursory look this Targus dock has a different chipset than the HP3005PR. So perhaps some driver changes are in order to support the DisplayPort connection and/or chipset.

I look forward to your response, and thank you!