Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
Johngibson

Lightbulb Windows 10 - tried 2 new docks - monitors disconnect when 2 external monitors connect

I have been battling dock failures for over a week now. Same issue exhibits on 2 new docks (Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0, and currently on HP 3005PR).

All windows updates installed, Displaylink cleaner used, 7.9 M2 Displaylink driver installed. All USB power saving disabled, and every driver change I found on the WWW attempted. New cables, tried USB 2.0 rather than 3.0. Purchased and installed a powered Pluggable USB Hub ..Still problems:

The HP dock will only drive the monitor attached to the HDMI port, any time I try to connect to the DisplayPort (to a native DisplayPort monitor, or other monitors using DVI etc.) the dock stops driving both monitors. The laptop monitor continues to function, but both Displaylink attached monitors freeze. A reconnect solves for moments, then the same. If I only attach the HDMI monitor I can keep the dock working. I have attached the output of the Displaylink Support Tool here for investigation.

Thanks in advance for any advise, I am very savvy in troubleshooting, and will gladly jump in to assist in any way possible. From looking over the WWW many, many users are having the same issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Debug.zip (897.5 KB, 1 views)
Johngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the output of this tool so I can try and replicate?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
Johngibson

Default Files attached

Thanks for the quick reply...I believe that I did attach the output of the tool to my initial post. If you need something different, please just let me know, but everything should be in the attached zip file in the first post.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Johngibson

Default New file attached

Sorry...I zipped the log files in my in my initial post. Please see the output file here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Support Files.zip (13.01 MB, 4 views)
Old 09-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #5
Johngibson

Default Another piece of information

Also to offer additional information...Yes I know that the 3005PR does have an older version of Displaylink on its internal memory. I have ensured that this (and other) older versions of Displaylink are not installed. Used latest drivers by installing prior to attaching dock.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
Johngibson

Default Advanced options output

I re-ran the debug tool with advanced options turned on. When it was gathering information I attached the Displayport monitor, near the end of the support tool data gathering, the dock monitors disconnected (the issue to be resolved). There are 2 new versions of the logs in this post, one from during the failure, and the last is after disconnecting the dock and the DisplayPort monitor and working with the HDMI monitor. Hopefully the support tool captured this event and other meaningful information in the new logs attached here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JOHNATIV700_20150903_080948.zip (6.96 MB, 2 views)
File Type: zip JOHNATIV700_20150903_081612.zip (7.20 MB, 2 views)
Old 09-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
Johngibson

Default Also tried all listed troubleshooting ideas

BTW...I wanted to let you know that I also tried all the ideas Displaylink has listed here: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...from-repeatedl

In addition I have used different monitors, monitor cables and adapters, everything tried has the same result.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info.

Can you let me know the make & model of monitor that failed to work over a DisplayPort connection?

Is there a DisplayPort output on your notebook? If so can you check if you have the same issue when directly connencted?

Would you be able to check if this issue specific to your Toshiba notebook and also specific to Windows 10?

I'll see if I can reproduce internally.

Thanks,
James
Old 09-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #9
Johngibson

Default Reply with info

My PC is a Samsung Samsung ATIV XE700T1C-A01US

I have tried 3 different monitors, with various direct connections, DVI, Displayport, and HDMI. All behave the same way regardless of cables used, adapters used, or monitors used.

Again...the hookup from the HP 3005PR works when using the HDMI output regardless of connection to the monitor, or monitor used. Currently this display is using the HDMI output from the 3005PR that goes into an HDMI to DVI adapter into the DELL P2011h. The other monitor is also a P2011h. But I have also tried a DELL U2414h trying the direct Displayport out from the dock to the Displayport input to the U2414h, but this does not solve the issue...the dock freezes regardless of which monitor is connected, and regardless of the cable(s) tried.

My PC does not have a Displayport output, it is in a simple power/USB dock. This dock is connected to the HP3005pr. Yesterday I did an image of the PC, did a complete clean Windows 10 install, first software installed after Windows 10 and updates was the Displaylink software...so this was an absolute virgin setup. No other software installed no AV etc. I then connected the HP3005pr, but the exact same issue comes up. Any time the Displaylink Displayport is used the dock crashes. Can only use one monitor connecte to the dock HDMI output. This (in my opinion) rules out any other software causing the issue.

I also took the new powered USB hub out of the mix as this did not help (but was and expensive attempt )
Old 09-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #10
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info.

I've got hold of a 700T and will try and repro.

Thanks,
James