Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #61
konc3pt

disabling on-board video. making nvidia card primary solved it for me
konc3pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #62
SusiBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by konc3pt View Post
disabling on-board video. making nvidia card primary solved it for me
Hi.
I'm not sure who you were replying to, but I don't have "On-Board Video".

If I run with ONLY my Nvidia card in, and DisplayLink, I get crashes.

I can run an ATI card as a Secondary card, having removed my DL from the system, it works, but then the monitor has to be placed within a metre of the PC (a long story cut short - the monitor doesn't like DVI cables greater than a metre in length).
The idea of dumping the ATI card and using a DL was to get the monitor a couple of metres away from the PC, and save a bit of electricity into the bargain.
It has worked in the past with the ATI card on its own, I've had three DLs hanging off the system, but now I need the grunt from the Nvidia for 3D-rendering.
SusiBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #63
hoverdude

Wim,
Please keep us updated on this issue! I am also having the problem where i have multiple monitors connected to a GTX 680 in Windows 7 x64 as well as a 10" displaylink monitor. When I connect the displaylink monitor I loose all the settings in my Nvidia control panel except for 3D settings.

looks exactly like the photos in this thread here

Definitely sounds like you will need to work with Nvidia to get this resolved, I get the impression this is an unintended Nvidia "feature" as you described earlier.

Appreciate that this is actively being looked into.
hoverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #64
jwhite191

Default PhysX - Nvidia Control Panel

I am having the same issue, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

all drivers are up to date, but PhysX is only utilizing the Intel HD Graphics 4600. instead of using the Quadro K1100m Graphics card.
jwhite191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #65
TNgirt

Hi,

Im having this issue with NVIDIA control panel.

My system:
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Desktop PC)
NVIDIA Geforce 580GTX
Asus MB
AMD Processor
2x Dell Ultrasharp monitors
1x MIMO 720S monitor USB

Drivers:
Latest MB drivers from AMD/ATI
Latest NVIDIA Geforce Drivers (no geforce experience installed) v.350.12 WHQL
Latest DisplayLink driver v.7.7

Problem description:
Short, i can't open Nvidia control panel. Nothing happens when i click the menu or control panel icon. When i unplug my MIMO 720S USB monitor, Nvidia control panel opens and is working just fine. If i plug usb monitor back, nvidia control panel won't open.

I've tried to re-install all drivers, re-install all drivers in safe-mode, remove and clean all installed drivers in safe-mode (with guru3d DDU) and then re-install both in safe-mode and in normally at desktop. No help. Problem persists. I've performed total system re-install and installed first MB drivers, Nvidia and last displaylink, but same problem continues. Also tried to install nvidia drivers with geforce experience. Geforce experience works but problem with nvidia control panel continues.

I've contacted to Nvidia support but got no reply.

Please help, i'd really like to continue using my usb monitor but its getting difficult to have it removed each time i want to adjust nvidia settings!

Odd thing is that i don't get any kind of error message anywhere. Eventvwr is blank as whiteboard when this problem occurs. Is there a way to debug displaylink driver some way? Any way to make it log events?

Thanks for otherways great product!

Please ask if you need any other information from me to help in solving this problem!

Last edited by TNgirt; 04-27-2015 at 11:56 AM. Reason: edit: typo and add information of geforce experience
TNgirt is offline   Reply With Quote