Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1blackout View Post
I have the EXACT same problem with my GeForce 560 Ti that I just bought. It works perfectly when I first install it but then if I walk away from my computer for long enough, or restart the computer, everything gets screwed up and the only way to fix it is to uninstall displaylink.

This is ridiculous, everyone is having the same problems... Are you guys going to be able to do anything to help us? My roomate is having the exact same problem and he is not even using the same video card.
I think the problems in this thread were solved with v6.0 M1, and you have a different issue, even though its similar symptoms.

I see that when you took the logs you were in basic mode. There can be issues in basic mode and I wonder if this is causing the issues you are seeing.

If not, can you explain more what you mean by "screwed up"? The display is corrupted or blank? Or the layout of displays is wrong?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #22
ushere

Default no nvidia control panel? spyder 3?

hi,

i installed displaylink latest drivers and all is working fine with the displays, but i can no longer bring up the nvidia control panel for my gtx550ti.

i would also like to know whether i can use my datacolor spyder to calibrate the usb monitor?

tia.
ushere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
Nightstorm

Default Problem still present

Good day,

I've been fighting this problem for a long time now. I finally gave up last night after loading the v6.1 release software with the most recent 285.62 - WHQL Win 7 x64 Nvidia drivers. When the DisplayLink software is installed, the Nvidia control panel does not function. I'm using a pair of Geforce GTX480's but I don't think the hardware matters in this case as it's all software related.

When I uninstall the DisplayLink software without making any other changes, I get full functionality back in the Nvidia drivers. I ended up connecting my third display to the second GTX480. I had to disable SLI capabilities in order to run that display. Not ideal as now the second card is a rather expensive PhysX board with a third display attached

Any help in resolving this issue would fantastic. I can understand the frustration in trying to get bugs worked out that were introduced by another vendor perhaps, however we're just consumers that want to be able to use these products together.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nightstorm; 11-29-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Nightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
Wim

We have investigated this further and it appears that NVIDIA disable Pyysx when a non-NVIDIA GPU is present.

Patches are available to prevent this happening, but these are untested by DisplayLink:

x86:
http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/gra...d-x86-1.01.rar

x64:
http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/gra...d-x64-1.01.rar

This may work around the issue.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #25
Nightstorm

Thank you, I will try this tonight.

It should be noted though, that's its not just the PhysX section that gets removed from the NVidia console. Almost all of settings get removed, the 3D Adjustment Settings, Monitor set up and adjustment ect, not just the SLI/PhysX sections.

As soon as the DisplayLink Software is removed they show right back up again.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
zyxwvuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
Thank you, I will try this tonight.

It should be noted though, that's its not just the PhysX section that gets removed from the NVidia console. Almost all of settings get removed, the 3D Adjustment Settings, Monitor set up and adjustment ect, not just the SLI/PhysX sections.

As soon as the DisplayLink Software is removed they show right back up again.
Same issue here still... Displaylink adapter works, but nvidia control panel has disappeared all settings except "stereoscopic 3d". So now no brightness, gamma, color settings for my other monitors that have nothing to do with my display link monitor. Is this going to be fixed, or is it even possible to fix this? or should I return my Displaylink device and look for something else that works alongside nvidia drivers (they keep crashing randomly too).

Edit: I should add, I only have one graphics card, a GTS 450, running one monitor off of HDMI and another off DVI. Then my displaylink usb adapter runs the third monitor.

Last edited by zyxwvuuu; 12-08-2011 at 09:36 AM.
zyxwvuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #27
Nightstorm

I didn't try those updates once I realized what they were. The were to enable Physx support on systems that have a non Nvidia GPU as the primary display adapter and they are quite dated compared to the current drivers. I didn't feel comfortable trying them, and indeed that isn't even the problem I'm having. Like others, if the DisplayLink software is installed on my system, most of the NVidia console is rendered inoperative. No display adjustments, no 3d settings, no SLI or PhysX sections. I remove the software it all comes back. At the present time, I had to remove the software, disconnect the DisplayLink and run the 3rd monitor off of the second GTX480 in my system. I lost SLI capability to do that, but have become rather accustomed to having the third display.

I look forward to a fix that will allow these two software packages to play in the sand box together
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
superbike81

Similar problem....

I've got a triple monitor setup using Nvidia Surround. I installed the latest drivers for both the video card and DisplayLink.

As soon as I turn on my Lilliput 7" screen it disables my two outer screens and I am left with my center screen and the Lilliput activated.

I've got two GTX560ti's in SLI and everything works perfectly as long as the Lilliput is turned off. As soon as I turn it on, my outer monitors deactivate and the Win7 X64 display panel won't let me reactivate them and neither will the Nvidia control panel.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #29
Larsson

Default Me too!

I have the same. Cannot turn aero on since my nVidia card is disabled after installing DL drivers. Also I cannot view pictures or anything that has with explorer to do. And if I reboot, my resolution can be no higher than 1280x720 due to the DL drivers and my gfx disabled. Uninstall DL and reboot and everything is back to normal again. And if I try to play video on my 2nd screen(displaylink) it freezes. Though if I rightclick an icon on my main screen, it will run as long as the icon is rightclicked. So I just leave it rightclicked and I can watch my projector. I get a bit bad fps on it though. And when Im done, I have to uninstall the drivers again and rebot to be able to do anyhing else on the computer. This cant be that I have to do so everytime Im going to use it?

I mainly bought it for films and for the upcoming hockey worldcup and ofc the UEFA Euro and such.

This thread hasnt been updated in a while, any solutions that Ive missed?

Ive got:
Win7 x64, latest updates.(US version)
nVidia GTS 250, updated aswell.
Displaylink with 5.6.31854.0

As for hardware(which has nothing to do with it what I can see)
AMD Phenom II 965 X4 @ 3,4GHz
4Gb RAM @ 1600MHz
nVidia GTS 250 1Gb GDDR3
2Tb of diskspace

Any help appreciated.

I do live in Sweden if that matters in any way.
Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
Larsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsson View Post
I have the same. ...blablabla...
What I may not clearly have written.. Explorer.exe is up and running, but trying to use any windows feature it crashes. Standalone applications will run, though limited. Firefox, VLC and the adaptor for example will run.
DWM will not run at all(therefor Aero disabled too).
Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote