Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Stoney

Default Windows 8.1 and Lilliput 7" issues

Hi,

today I updated to Windows 8.1 and before I installed the new displaylink 7.4 M2 software. Now I habe the problem, that the liliput stays grey, until I reset the monitor (last point on the menu), then I have to go again to this point and put on sizing the monitor and last but not least I have to change the solution. After that everything works. Before I only see a grey background, but I see my mouse on the lilliput display. When I am clicking on the lilliput the new modern ui appears, but I can't move anything on the lilliput display. Any idea what could be the problem? I hope you will understand what I mean and sorry for my englisch.

I really need help to solve this problem.
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
armaldon

Default DisplayLink only shows Start Screen

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and have installed the latest DisplayLink driver for a MIMO UM-710S usb monitor.

Currently, everytime the window in that monitor loses focus, only a dark color is being displayed. When I left click on that monitor, the Start Menu screen appears in it, even when I have checked the option to only show the Start Menu screen on the main screen. Right click on this monitor, does nothing.

I have uninstalled and installed several times the latest driver. Don't know if this is an issue with the driver itself or windows.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?
armaldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
armaldon

I have been having the same problem since I upgraded to 8.1. Good to know I am not the only one experiencing this issue.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

I think this is Windows 8.1 behaviour.

Did this happen on Windows 8?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
armaldon

Yes, before I upgraded to 8.1 and installed the new drivers, everything was working flawlessly in Windows 8.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

I think this is Windows 8.1 behaviour.

Did this happen on Windows 8?

Thanks,
James
Everything works fine with win 8.
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
JamesH

Hi,

I *think* this is what was described in this thread (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61801).

I'll try and check this out this week.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #8
armaldon

I have still have not found a solution. However, I have found that this problem only happens when the USB monitor is set to "Extend Desktop" (even as the main monitor), if I have it set to mirror any of the other screens, the display behaves normally.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Wim

Stoney is using an NVIDIA GTX 670 discreet graphics card and I think it might be something specifically to do with this graphics card driver causing the issue.

armaldon - can you confirm what your system details are, especially the graphics card to confirm this is the same issue?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
armaldon

I also do have the same graphics card, Nvidia GTX 670. While on Windows 8, it work fine with the 327.23 driver. After installing Windows 8.1, with the same driver, the monitor problem started. I have updated to the latest driver released yesterday, and the problem still persists.