Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software

Old 10-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
hopmedic

Unhappy No Video After Reboot

Tonight I had to restart my computer due to a connectivity problem. This is not unusual for me, as I have a Frankenstein network with two wireless routers in the house and every few days this happens. But after the restart I could not get the display that is powered by an Aluratek AUD200F USB display adapter using the DisplayLink drivers. I am running Windows 8.1 Professional RTM. I was running the DisplayLink Windows 8.1 Preview build.

Normally, if I restart my computer, I have to unhook the USB adapter, because on restart it is not redetected, and I have to unhook, wait about a minute, then reconnect the USB display adapter to the USB port, at which time it will detect and the monitor will work.

This time, that did not work. I went into the Device Manager, where the USB adapter was detected and reports that it is working properly. I let it update drivers, and it did, with still the same result - the adapter reports working properly, but no display, and in the Display Resolution doesn't report a monitor where there is one.

Since that didn't work, I uninstalled the DisplayLink drivers, and downloaded the most recent, 7.4 M2. After installing, I plugged in the adapter, at which time the Device Manager / properties reports that the device is working properly, but there is no display on the monitor, the resolution settings do not detect the monitor.

In looking through a few of the other threads here, I noticed the support tool link, and have downloaded and run that. In the System Compatibility Check, it reports that the device has not booted up correctly and will not function. Following the suggested steps does not resolve the problem. All tests report pass except that there is a warning "Device not started correctly"

I've attached the zip file that is the result of the Gather Support Information process. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DV6T-SE_20131015_223540.zip (608.9 KB, 944 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
hopmedic

Just to be clear, so that there's no confusion about information that may be in the zip file, my laptop is an HP dv6t-SE 3100, and I have two external monitors connected to it. One is connected through the VGA output of the laptop and works fine, while the other is connected through the Aluratek adapter, and is the one described above.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

The adapter is coming up with the 8060 PID.

Please see this FAQ for troubleshooting suggestions:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=324

If this doesn't help you'll need to return the adapter.

Thanks,
James