Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-13-2019, 03:39 AM   #31
displaylinkuser123

I am also having the same exact problem and it only started a few days ago. It's driving me crazy! Did the "aero" mode for graphics work for you?
displaylinkuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:45 AM   #32
displaylinkuser123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Please make sure you are using Windows Aero graphics mode, rather than basic graphics mode. This should solve the issue you are having.

Wim

How do I do this? I'm experiencing the same exact issue as the original poster and it's driving me insane.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #33
davbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinkuser123 View Post
How do I do this? I'm experiencing the same exact issue as the original poster and it's driving me insane.
Here's what I've found from Googling,

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/...windows-7.html

https://www.howtogeek.com/128630/how...-in-windows-8/

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-...in-windows-10/
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #34
displaylinkuser123

thank you - i did the third option. still no change this lag is soo subtle. it's so so infuriating. support hasn't responded to me for two days. any other tips you have are very much appreciated. here's the full problem:

Hello - contacted customer support about this too, but they don't respond quickly and hoping maybe someone here can help.

Since Tuesday I've had a major lag on my two monitors. It only happens when I'm browsing the web (chrome, edge, firefox... all of them). All other applications are fine.

My comoputer also is so loud when I connect it. It sounds like it is about to take flight. Everything was fine up until Tuesday!!! And yes that did coincide with a windows update, but i have no idea what was updated (i'm not the most tech savvy).

I have a Lenovo Yoga. My monitors are Acer. I have a flat displaylink dock. 3900H. I checked and my download is up to date. And my display graphics are too.

Any help would be super appreciated!!

Last edited by displaylinkuser123; 12-13-2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added in the full problem from my other thread
Old 12-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #35
davbryan

Quote:
thank you - i did the third option. still no change this lag is soo subtle. it's so so infuriating. support hasn't responded to me for two days. any other tips you have are very much appreciated. here's the full problem:

Hello - contacted customer support about this too, but they don't respond quickly and hoping maybe someone here can help.

Since Tuesday I've had a major lag on my two monitors. It only happens when I'm browsing the web (chrome, edge, firefox... all of them). All other applications are fine.

My comoputer also is so loud when I connect it. It sounds like it is about to take flight. Everything was fine up until Tuesday!!! And yes that did coincide with a windows update, but i have no idea what was updated (i'm not the most tech savvy).

I have a Lenovo Yoga. My monitors are Acer. I have a flat displaylink dock. 3900H. I checked and my download is up to date. And my display graphics are too.

Any help would be super appreciated!!
What's your system specs and additionally what's your resource consumption during this?
Old 12-14-2019, 11:42 PM   #36
displaylinkuser123

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
What's your system specs and additionally what's your resource consumption during this?
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga C940 operating on Windows 10
Dock: DisplayLink 3900H
Two monitors: both are Acer monitors (are there more specs to give you on that one)?
I use a microsoft keyboard and mouse that are also plugged in to the dock

Is that helpful? I can give more specifics, just LMK!

Resource consumption - is that CPU? it's 17% i think?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #37
davbryan

Quote:
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga C940 operating on Windows 10
Dock: DisplayLink 3900H
Two monitors: both are Acer monitors (are there more specs to give you on that one)?
I use a microsoft keyboard and mouse that are also plugged in to the dock

Is that helpful? I can give more specifics, just LMK!

Resource consumption - is that CPU? it's 17% i think?
A detailed summary of the system as a whole, such as through msinfo32.exe or through the properties of "this pc."

Also, if you have task manager open while the issue is happening, what's the percentage level of the CPU and the Memory?