Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #21
mikeytown2

Default Google Chrome

There is an open bug for chrome
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...tail?id=109402

Quick solution is to launch chrome with this command line argument
Code:
--disable-accelerated-compositing
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
Andyjbee

I recently installed Win 7 from scratch with my Displaylink attached, all was fine with IE9 until the other day when i was prompted to update. Now I have terrible lag on second display with IE9 and during the course of the day 3 system failures with blue screen (.sys failure) to quick to get precise file name. Chrome seems to be fine, when I chose Windows Basic theme it did improve but when scrolling down pages the graphics explode into huge pixels and IE9 totaly freezes, I have installed the V7 beta but no change, I was also struggling to downgrade driver as system properties always displayed 6.3.
Any help appreciated.
Andyjbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
revile

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but our IT department had to figure out this on our own last year with little to no help from Targus.

If you get browser lag on the 2nd monitor when using IE, here's your fix:

Make sure it's checked and poof, lag gone. As for other browsers and applications, good luck. Our fix has been to bypass the replicator and plug the VGA straight into the laptop.

Unfortunately I have to deal with these port replicators in my IT environment. The drivers are extremely flaky and often times the 2nd display will no longer work. Targus doesn't provide an extensive driver uninstaller, so literally uninstalling every USB driver is a huge PITA. I gave up and just created a base image with Norton Ghost.
revile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #24
davbryan

I'm going to give this thread some new life.

I'm seeing some strange delays on my second monitor when I watch videos online. It's only when I go through Firefox which is version 70.0.1

Windows 10 version 1903 -- here shortly going to updating to 1909 -- once released by MS.

The issue only happens when I'm watching videos on the second monitor and I don't have That scree active. Meaning I'm watching it, but I'm actually working in a different screen. The audio does continue to play but the video either lags or just stops playing entirely. If I move my mouse over to the screen, within about 2 seconds it instantly catches up.

Seems like some kind of setting causes it to stop operating at best capacity when it's not the active Window.

I have an AMD ryzen 7 turbo up to 3.8 ghz normal is 2.6 Ghz 12 GB's of RAM. I do have USB 3.0 and it's using a 3.0 connection.

All of my drivers are updated.

Please note that if I use Windows media player the issue doesn't seem to happen at all.

I've checked Firefox settings and based on Mozilla's recommendations I'm set at what I should.

I've had the issue since the 1800 version numbers, and Firefox versions during that same time frame.

Whatever information you need I'll be happy to provide.

If I remember right my hardware isn't running overly hard when this happens either.
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #25
davbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
I'm going to give this thread some new life.

I'm seeing some strange delays on my second monitor when I watch videos online. It's only when I go through Firefox which is version 70.0.1

Windows 10 version 1903 -- here shortly going to updating to 1909 -- once released by MS.

The issue only happens when I'm watching videos on the second monitor and I don't have That scree active. Meaning I'm watching it, but I'm actually working in a different screen. The audio does continue to play but the video either lags or just stops playing entirely. If I move my mouse over to the screen, within about 2 seconds it instantly catches up.

Seems like some kind of setting causes it to stop operating at best capacity when it's not the active Window.

I have an AMD ryzen 7 turbo up to 3.8 ghz normal is 2.6 Ghz 12 GB's of RAM. I do have USB 3.0 and it's using a 3.0 connection.

All of my drivers are updated.

Please note that if I use Windows media player the issue doesn't seem to happen at all.

I've checked Firefox settings and based on Mozilla's recommendations I'm set at what I should.

I've had the issue since the 1800 version numbers, and Firefox versions during that same time frame.

Whatever information you need I'll be happy to provide.

If I remember right my hardware isn't running overly hard when this happens either.
To add more information -- according to my purchase history it looks like my version of display link is UD-3900
Old 11-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #26
davbryan

Quote:
To add more information -- according to my purchase history it looks like my version of display link is UD-3900
From what I can tell, updating to version 1909 hasn't made any changes.

I do notice that the delay only seems to happen in Firefox. However, different sites have different issues. For example, Youtube and Netflix, although but have delays the delay is different. For Youtube it's like it gets stuck and then catches up, but is forever in a loop. For Netflix it seems as though it's more fluid but it still has issues keeping up with the player.

I've already checked Firefox's settings and it's set for max performance.

I've checked my computers resources when this is happening and it's not near max, it's about where you'd expect for the performance to be.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #27
davbryan

Quote:
From what I can tell, updating to version 1909 hasn't made any changes.

I do notice that the delay only seems to happen in Firefox. However, different sites have different issues. For example, Youtube and Netflix, although but have delays the delay is different. For Youtube it's like it gets stuck and then catches up, but is forever in a loop. For Netflix it seems as though it's more fluid but it still has issues keeping up with the player.

I've already checked Firefox's settings and it's set for max performance.

I've checked my computers resources when this is happening and it's not near max, it's about where you'd expect for the performance to be.
Found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...e-acceleration

I'll give this a try asap and report back what I've found.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #28
davbryan

Quote:
Found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...e-acceleration

I'll give this a try asap and report back what I've found.
Also found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1108988

This looks more promising.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #29
davbryan

Quote:
Also found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1108988

This looks more promising.
So far it seems like this has really helped. I haven't noticed much of an increased strain on the hardware either.

Will continue testing over time and report back if anything changes.

I'm now also running on Windows 10 1909 and Firefox 70.0.1
Old 12-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #30
davbryan

Quote:
So far it seems like this has really helped. I haven't noticed much of an increased strain on the hardware either.

Will continue testing over time and report back if anything changes.

I'm now also running on Windows 10 1909 and Firefox 70.0.1
So far everything seems to be running better. Seems odd that I had to change the default settings, but alas what can you do?