Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
bgilis

Hello,

thanks for your response.

The product is plugged directly on the desktop pc motherboard (it's not a laptop). Some others greedy USB devices are plugged and are working properly.

We tried changing the cable for a dual USB just in case power was insufficent. No improvement.

We have a second PC (older) and the problem is the same.

Do you have any other idea?
bgilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilis View Post
Hello,

thanks for your response.

The product is plugged directly on the desktop pc motherboard (it's not a laptop). Some others greedy USB devices are plugged and are working properly.

We tried changing the cable for a dual USB just in case power was insufficent. No improvement.

We have a second PC (older) and the problem is the same.

Do you have any other idea?
Well - looking at your log files, the software has never seen a DisplayLink device on the USB bus, which leads me to think this is a problem with the USB bus/Power issue. The device is not appearing on the USB bus. If its not working on multiple PCs, then I may start to think it is a faulty device.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
bgilis

Hello again Wim,

We managed to find two additional products. The second one is recognized, but systray icon fails to show most of the time (appears after around 9 unplug/replug). When the icon appears, and the product is ok (not 8060) the second monitor stays black. Third adaptator works exactly the same. On a second PC the problem is the same. Worked fine until the PC had to restart after Windows 7 updates.

If we can't manage to make it work soon, we'll move to a new video card since there is enough room in the PC.
bgilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
LimboMan

Default Two DisplayLink devices on one computer/Win7

Not sure if I need to start a new thread, but I'm running nVidia 260 as main graphics card and am trying to attach two USB DisplayLink devices. Both appear to be detected and installed properly as confirmed by Device Manager but only one of the monitors work at a time.

Example:

Both monitors plugged in and powered on...

A is ACTIVE | B is INACTIVE

Unplug A: B is now ACTIVE

Re-Plug A: A Stays INACTIVE, B is still ACTIVE

Unplug B: A is now ACTIVE

I can not get both monitors to remain ACTIVE and run simultaneous under Windows 7. I think I was able to use both at the same time while running Windows XP.

I'm using the latest versions of drivers for the respective hardware.

Help?

-LimboMan
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan View Post
Not sure if I need to start a new thread, but I'm running nVidia 260 as main graphics card and am trying to attach two USB DisplayLink devices. Both appear to be detected and installed properly as confirmed by Device Manager but only one of the monitors work at a time.

Example:

Both monitors plugged in and powered on...

A is ACTIVE | B is INACTIVE

Unplug A: B is now ACTIVE

Re-Plug A: A Stays INACTIVE, B is still ACTIVE

Unplug B: A is now ACTIVE

I can not get both monitors to remain ACTIVE and run simultaneous under Windows 7. I think I was able to use both at the same time while running Windows XP.

I'm using the latest versions of drivers for the respective hardware.

Help?

-LimboMan
I think this is a different problem and can happen when you have 2 devices that the manufacturer has programmed with the same serial number. It means that Windows cannot distinguish the 2 devices on the USB bus, so only one of them works at a time.

You should be able to check the serial number of the USB device in Device manager.

What is the product you have?

Wim
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
MattBaker

Default Display Link - stopped working

I also have the same problem as this. I can see the s/w through Device Manager. I can see the live USB connection through Devices/Printers in Control Panel. But the monitor does not work.

If I flip the device to my MAC.... everything works fine!

I am running Windows 7.

What can I do to fix this it is making me a bit grumpy which is never good!
MattBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
mopett40

Default monitors have gone blank since last night.

I have a very similiar problem here.
After windows update, the monitors don't work. i uninstalled the driver and installed a new one. but it makes no difference.
It's fine with my MAC.

DELL inspiron, Windows 7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M- up to date
mopett40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
Wim

Hi All

For users with issues using 2 monitors at the same time, are the 2 monitors the same make and model? If the monitors appear with the same serial number, it might explain this problem.

Thanks
Wim
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #19
LimboMan

DisplayLink2MonitorsA.jpgDisplayLink2MonitorsB.jpgIMG_0975.jpg
I have two monitors, both attached and detected by Windows 7 as you can see from the device property screencaps. How do I check for the device serial number of the individual units as per your hypothesis that they are both the same?

These two DisplayLink monitors are identical units that came with my two identical Samsung SyncMaster 2263DX monitors.

Hope someone can help! Frustrating to have to main and to auxiliary displays working fine simultaneously under Windows XP and now only one of the two DisplayLink monitors working under Windows 7.

Last edited by LimboMan; 04-07-2012 at 03:03 AM.
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
MattBaker

Nope. Three different monitors for me. Matt
MattBaker is offline   Reply With Quote