Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
MikeDavies1003

Post Help with a 13" Macbook Pro M2

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me. I've a brand new M2 Macbook Pro 13' with two two Dell 27' SE2722hx monitors, the doc I'm using is Aitek AK-DOO3 which is a USB-Docking Station with three display ports. I want the two monitors to work separately (extended) and not overly bothered about using the macbook screen so it can be closed. All I seem to be able to do is have my macbook on one screen and then a extended desktop duplicated on two monitors which is pretty pointless. Can any one help me resolve this. The msg I have on the DPLink Software click is 'after connecting accessory to this mac via usb, a system prompt will appear, [please click allow to ensure this device is working properly - I don't get a prompt? Hoping someone can help,

I wish I could go back to a windows device
MikeDavies1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 10:57 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDavies1003 View Post
Hi all

Hoping someone can help me. I've a brand new M2 Macbook Pro 13' with two two Dell 27' SE2722hx monitors, the doc I'm using is Aitek AK-DOO3 which is a USB-Docking Station with three display ports. I want the two monitors to work separately (extended) and not overly bothered about using the macbook screen so it can be closed. All I seem to be able to do is have my macbook on one screen and then a extended desktop duplicated on two monitors which is pretty pointless. Can any one help me resolve this. The msg I have on the DPLink Software click is 'after connecting accessory to this mac via usb, a system prompt will appear, [please click allow to ensure this device is working properly - I don't get a prompt? Hoping someone can help,

I wish I could go back to a windows device
*** Note from the moderator - I moved this question into the 'Mac' section of the forum ***

My impression based on your description is that you are using this model docking station --> https://www.amazon.com/Aitek-USB-C-D.../dp/B0BM8JMPVC Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Presuming for the moment that my impression is indeed correct, the docking station you are using does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it. As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.

Based on the manufacturer information and your description of the behavior, the dock you are using has DisplayPort Multi-stream technology inside of it (also known as DisplayPort MST).

Mac computers do not support DisplayPort MST, which is why your displays are being mirrored/duplicated.

In order to add more than one external display to your Mac, you will need to use a product based on DisplayLink technology. You can find a list of DisplayLink-based products here --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:30 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello Mike,

The DisplayLink Manager software needs and works in tandem with a DisplayLink chip in the docking station.
This dock model doesn't look like it is featuring our technology and that's why you don't get a prompt as there is no chip detected. Therefore, installing the app has no function.
I can only suggest you replace your dock with a dock featuring Synaptics' DisplayLink technology so you can get more than one external display on this machine.

We have a page with a selection of products. If you have one or several preferred brands, let me know and I can look at a suitable product in their portfolio.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote