Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
manuelgcl

Default Proximus touch 7" in XP 64 bit

Hello, my name is Manuel and I have 3 monitors proximus touch 7", this monitors work fine in XP 32 bit, but I change my OS from xp 32 to XP 64 bit, and now my monitors not work beacuse donīt suport the drive, the software for touchscreen work fine, but the drive not, so please, can you tell me if display link will be have a drive for XP 64? or if you know some drive can I use to work my monitors? I donīt want return to XP 32 bits because I canīt use my RAM of 8 GB, and I canīt use windows vista or windows 7 64 bits because this softwares not suport spam monitors (nview from nvidia).

Please please please help!!!!!!!!!!!! I donīt want use my appreciated proximus monitors like paperweight.

Last edited by manuelgcl; 06-27-2011 at 07:55 AM.
manuelgcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Wim

I'm afraid that there is no XP 64bit driver and there are no plans to release one.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
manuelgcl

Wim

This is a bad bad bad bad news, please, if you can talk with the driverīs develompment team , talk to them. Explain that there is a large community of Simers (flight simulator) that can be buyers of its touchscreen, but work on XP 64 bit, because we can use SAPM monitors and more than 4 Gb.

Other versions of windows like Windows 7 64-bit and Vista 64 bit, not allow SAPM monitors so it prefers to work in XP 64.

Then the drive to develop a 64-bit XP will allow simmer buy more of their products and build our cockpit flight simulators, at least I have 3 and I thinking buy another in case of finding a solution to my problem of the drive.

Thanks

Last edited by manuelgcl; 06-28-2011 at 05:58 AM.
manuelgcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
piyokos

If DisplayLink does not support XP 64bit the product labeling MUST be changed to indicate that, as of now the product is advertised as "Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 32-/64-bit" which is INCORRECT.

The least you can do is acknowledge (in some official capacity) that the compatibility labels were screwed up, that would make it easier to claim to the retailer that all the units I purchased were defective so that I may obtain refunds.
piyokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Wim

Hi

We're not going to support XP 64 bit at any time. The market is small and getting smaller. We need to focus on current technology, eg Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS and USB 3 support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyokos View Post
If DisplayLink does not support XP 64bit the product labeling MUST be changed to indicate that, as of now the product is advertised as "Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 32-/64-bit" which is INCORRECT.

The least you can do is acknowledge (in some official capacity) that the compatibility labels were screwed up, that would make it easier to claim to the retailer that all the units I purchased were defective so that I may obtain refunds.
The product packaging is outside our control. This is done by our customers. We try and influence this, but the final decision and wording is up to them.

We tell our customers that this is not supported and we have a manual on our website and an FAQ that both clearly state that XP 64bits is not supported.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
proximus, xp 64 bits