Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
AlphaOmegaStrife

Default Windows 7, Display on second monitor is not working

Howdy all,

Just moved into a new place and had an A/V guy set up some things and introduce me to the AT AiR 3 for broadcasting my monitor to the TV in my room. I finished with the installation of it all and nothing appears on the TV when I have it set to the right input. I know the A/V guy has it going from the USB to the TV as VGA, but neither of the VGA channels display any information. I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit), and when I open up the DisplayLink Manager, it brings up the Screen Resolution window but no other monitors show up. If I attempt to detect new monitors, it says "Another display not detected", and I can "Try to connect anyway on: VGA" (the AT AiR 3 is connected via VGA to a splitter) for three separate instances. However, activating these doesn't work and reads that it is unable to display on the monitor if I try to extend or duplicate the desktop. Basically, it has never worked since plugging it in. I will attach log files. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card and would be happy to provide more information if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DREAMMACHINE_20110619_092417.zip (1.63 MB, 3 views)
AlphaOmegaStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
AlphaOmegaStrife

Just checked by installing the AT AiR 3 on my laptop - it works. So the problem must be local to that computer, and the USB device isn't faulty.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Wim

Looking at the logs, we seem to be able to connect to the wireless device, but then there are errors when we try to send data. I wonder if the device is just too far away from the PC and its getting errors in the wireless signal.

Can you try moving the device closer and see if it works?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
AlphaOmegaStrife

Wireless device is within two feet and has a 5 bar signal, strong and green at all times.