Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
darbronnoco

Exclamation Nvidia Display Driver stopped responding Windows 7 After monitors go to sleep

Hey Guys, I am getting both an error and BSOD's any time my Lenovo T61 puts the displays to sleep (power saver mode) When I try and wake it up I either get a BSOD or the screens flash like crazy and I get the message

Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered.
Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 186.94 stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered.

After uninstalling display link drivers and unpluging the sewell card I no longer get the bsod or errors. I had to totally uninstall teh software because I still got the errors with the sewell unpluged but drivers still installed. I have tried diffferent display link drivers, nvidia drivers and still have the issue. I am supporting a very large environment and in the process of migrating to Windows 7. I have worked with the UK Display Link developers in the past so please let me know if I can work with them to resolve this issue.
darbronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
jyokyoku

Hi darbronnoco.
The same phenomenon has occurred to me.

My environment:
  • PC: Sony Vaio Z (VPCZ11)
  • GPU Driver: nVidia 190.24 (GPU: Intel/nVidia330M hibrid system)

nVidia GPU driver's upgrade cannot be done by the limitation of the manufacturer.
jyokyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
darbronnoco

My Setup:

Lenovo T61 NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Windows 7 SP1 32bit (also had the issue pre SP1)
C2D 2.00 GHZ 3GB RAM

Setting the monitors to never sleep solves the problem, but I do not want all the monitors in my company left on 24/7.
darbronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Mastiff

I too have that same issue now. NVIDIA 266.58.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
Jani

I get the same annoying problem on my T61 ThinkPad. If I turn on my laptop and walk away before logging into Windows 7, if the laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up, I'll get the BSOD. I'll also get it at other times when I try to wake it up. It doesn't happen consistently, but enough times to tick me off.
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote