Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
badbob001

You can get the Kensington 5.5 driver here:
http://accoblobstorageus.blob.core.w...c38c3fdef5.zip

This link is no longer listed on the Kensington website, but if you compare the URL for the currently listed (and non-working) drivers, you'll see that it's to the same host.

I had found version 5.5 of the Kensington drivers after I had posted my issue and didn't think about re-trying the knowledgebase article with that specific driver. But I just did and it seems to work. This procedure did not work with the built-in 5.0 kensington drivers nor the 5.6 display drivers.

The only strangeness was that after I installed the Kensington 5.5 drivers and then the latest Displaylink 7.1M0 drivers, and plugged in the dock, it did not invoke the built-in setup nor did I see the built-in drive letter appear. Also on the screen was this dialog window asking for the displaylink setup disk. If you click ok on the window, it'll show you that it's looking for the driver for the DisplayLink Composite USB Bus Driver, specially the file dlcdbus.sys.

I had saved the built-in 5.0 setup.exe from before and ran that and it invoked the lan component setup and then reported that everything is up to date, but the video portion was still not working.

I did a search for dlcdbus.sys and found a copy in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\dlcdbus_8F55BFBB77D22 88F9E2CD415B041481C9BB5A65E\i386

I point the dialog window to the above location and now everything seems to work! It seems that this 'DisplayLink Composite USB Bus Driver' may be the missing link in the pure DisplayLink drivers.

Not 100% sure how this mixture of 5.0, 5.5, and 7.1 is managing to work, but here is what I see in Device Manager:
Display Adapters:
DisplayLink Graphics Adapter: 9/22/2011 6.12.10.601
DisplayLink Mirror Adapter: 10/3/2009 6.13.10.501

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:
DisplayLink Composite USB Bus Driver: 1/22/2010 5.3.23132.0

USB Display Adapters:
Kensington Universal Notebook Docking Station with VGA/DVI and Ethernet: 9/4/2012 7.0.41409.0
Can someone confirm if these driver version numbers are consistent with DisplayLink 7.1M0?

Last edited by badbob001; 01-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
fmacloud

Default Confussed about Win8 support

I'm trying to get the sd400v running on a Win 8 Lenovo T430u Notebook.

And after checking some posts I'm confussed if this is even possible. According to a post in the beta area it won't be possible due to the auto-install feature.

Checking the latest drivers from Kensington (Version: 7.0.43660.0
Dec 06, 2012) the release note tells me that they support Win 8. But after installing the drivers I get an error saying "unsupported office dock (sd400v)".

Did someone manage to get the sd400v running with Win 8?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
DynamicDave

Angry Also confussed about Windows 8 support

I also get the error message "unsupported office dock (sd400v)". This is weird, since it's only is a pass-through of video i believe. So it should work. Has anyone got it to work under Windows 8?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Wim

The sd400v is not supported on Windows 8. Kensington do have other docks (without auto install) that are supported on Windows 8, with our latest software, and the latest DisplayLink software can be used on earlier OSes using the installation trick of installing an earlier version first.

But there is a hard coded check in the software to show the warning that the sd400v is not supported on Windows 8. It will not work no matter how hard you try I'm afraid.

Wim
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
awacs.mod

Default Kensington Driver 5.5 + Display Link Driver 7.1M worked for me

I am using a Lenovo ideapad yoga with Windows 8 64 bit and the Kensington Dock sd420v.

I have followed the steps as described on the DisplayLink Support site:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=322

The worst problem I had, was to get the Kensington Driver version 5.5 but a link to it was posted earlier in this thread (thanks to badbob001). The installation of the driver failed several times until I tried it with compatibility set to "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"!

After that I installed DisplayLink driver 7.1 M1. Only after all these steps, I plugged in the docking station and although Wim from the DisplayLink Team wrote in the last post
Quote:
It will not work no matter how hard you try I'm afraid.
, it works!

Last edited by awacs.mod; 02-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
wojek

Default This does work!

Hello folks,

I've registered only to let you know that there is a way to install all this stuff and make display work.
The following scenario worked for me:

1. Clean up your system will all previous installations - uninstall driver/app/software from Control Panel, delete files from Program Files folder, kill processes with names like DisplayLink, run regedit, search and delete all DisplayLink keys/values and restart.
2. Double check your cleanup went well. For me there was a problem - one of DisplayLink app was visible in installed programs and clicking uninstall did nothing - the app did not disappear from the list - i had to do cleanup with regedit.
3. Follow the procedure from DisplayLink support: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=322. Use this V5.5 software http://accoblobstorageus.blob.core.w...c38c3fdef5.zip and DisplayLink driver 7.1 M1
4. At the moment you plug in the dock Windows will start to install devices and Kensington Dock will run installer from its internal memory - DO NOT ACCEPT IT but click Cancel instead.
5. Now a window will appear (which I never saw in any previous failed installation) that DisplayLink is preparing the device for first time use! Wait till it completes.
6. After a while DisplayLink app will ask you to restart - do it.
7. If you have connected a monitor to Kensington dock - watch for green light behind monitor pics on dock's front panel when Windows will be booting - if you see it you have it.
8. Also DisplayLink UI Icon will appear in the taskbar.

All done on Windows 7 x64.

Regards,
Wojciech
Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #17
vulcanjedi

Default Thank you!

I affirm this appears to work for me on a Lenovo that I just updated from Win7 to Win8. I am having to use the tiled Citrix Receiver app that loses / disconnect sessions if not an active tile so this was frustrating losing a 1/3 monitor.
I went through the exhaustive registration process just to sign up and say thanks awacs.mod and wojek.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #18
mlangtry

Default Not working

Well, when I first ordered this thing, it worked with win xp, since I've upgraded to win7pro64 and it has not worked since (display - usb ports are fine)

I've done everything in your troublshooting section, a number of times...

I've attached the support files as per your tool to collect this info.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ELMAREATECH_20140502_125929.zip (3.57 MB, 6 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #19
Wim

It looks like you have the Kensington sd400v, and the problem you are seeing is covered in this thread:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

I'm going to merge this.

Wim
Old 08-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #20
realjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by awacs.mod View Post
Only after all these steps, I plugged in the docking station and although Wim from the DisplayLink Team wrote in the last post , it works!
Thanks for this procedure. I just tried it with my Kensington sd400v and Windows 10, and it also works. This is despite all the warning messages from Windows, and the sad story on Kensington's website, both telling me it can't be done! I'm glad I persisted until I found your post.
Closed Thread