Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
bigbacon

Default Displaylink just stops working

Dell laptop, windows 7 pro. 64bit OS
8gb ram

I have a HIS Multi-View II adaptor with a 195 chipset.

It will work fine for a few days and then at somepoint, my second monitor will go blank and it the only way to make it come back is to uninstall the Display link driver/software, reinstall the driver, and re boot the machine.

I see nothing in the windows logs, nothing out of the ordinary going on when it stops working.

Doesn't matter if it is plugged into my dell docking station or the laptop directly.

The display link support thing says everything is OK. I've attached the support ZIP taken after the display just stopped working.

Has done this on multiple driver versions but it did not do this on my old Lenovo laptop running windows XP

Laptop is a Dell Latitude E6430
Attached Files
File Type: zip GCI-CACAREY_20130214_093603.zip (862.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by bigbacon; 02-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
bigbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
croland

Default Displaylink just stops working

Same issue here;

Dell Precision M6500
Windows 7 Pro
ENMUV-2 USB to DVI Interface
croland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
croland

Found a pseudo solution -
My second monitor connected to the Dell docking station was being disabled in the nvidia control panel - I selected it again and all is good - without a complete uninstall - reinstall reboot procedure.

NOTE - When the DisplayLink is connected and working the nvidia control panel is empty...

Best,
Chris
croland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
TimInColorado

Default Similar issue

I just updated to the lastest DisplayLink drivers, but to no avail. :|

I have the pluggable USB 3.0 docking station with DisplayLink. I'm running Windows 7 x64. When I first boot up, the monitor (typically) works fine. The USB and Ethernet parts always seem to work, but the DisplayLink part fails after I disconnect the docking station and reconnect it later.

I tried things like swapping to a different USB3 port, and even power cycling the pluggable unit. What finally worked just now was going into Services, finding the DisplayLinkManager service, requesting that it STOP (it was listed as "started"), which "failed", but then told it to START, and after that the external monitor lit right up.

So this seems like a DisplayLink driver bug. I would post it as a new issue, but the spammers this weekend are beyond a normal level of ugliness, to the tune of 200+ PAGES of spam in the forum in the last 24 hours.
TimInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
Dell laptop, windows 7 pro. 64bit OS
8gb ram

I have a HIS Multi-View II adaptor with a 195 chipset.

It will work fine for a few days and then at somepoint, my second monitor will go blank and it the only way to make it come back is to uninstall the Display link driver/software, reinstall the driver, and re boot the machine.

I see nothing in the windows logs, nothing out of the ordinary going on when it stops working.

Doesn't matter if it is plugged into my dell docking station or the laptop directly.

The display link support thing says everything is OK. I've attached the support ZIP taken after the display just stopped working.

Has done this on multiple driver versions but it did not do this on my old Lenovo laptop running windows XP
The logs seem to show that we cannot register as a service on your PC. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Other people who have found this - can you post your logs so we can check if its the same issue?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
bigbacon

You were right, the service stops running and get put into a manual start mode. Once I start the service again, it comes right back on.

Wonder why the service is doing that.
bigbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
TimInColorado

Unhappy What logs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Other people who have found this - can you post your logs so we can check if its the same issue?
What logs are you asking me to post? Can you direct me to somewhere that tells me what logs you're interested in reading?
TimInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
luiset83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimInColorado View Post
What logs are you asking me to post? Can you direct me to somewhere that tells me what logs you're interested in reading?
Tool for capturing logs is here:
http://displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote