Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
mcguizzle

Default 5.4 Gaming Issues

I found that for me, it installed fine on my laptop. HD video worked great. However, when I tried to play some games (Warcraft 3, LOL, IronGrip:Warlord), I could not get them to work properly. LOL simply crashed. If I was in extended mode or just showing a display through the DisplayLink device (Sewell's Minideck), the other games would load, but would be extremely off center or not show at all. Audio was working which led me to believe the game was running. But the video still would not show or continue properly. In duplicate, the games would run great, but not centered at all on external monitor. Do you have any suggestions of what I can do to try to fix this or is it just the games I am trying to run on there? Again, it works great, but the display won't fit/place properly on the monitor.

Last edited by mcguizzle; 07-06-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
Sian

The vast majorty of PC games will only run on the display that is set as primary.

Were you trying to run the games on your main screen with the DisplayLink screen as as extended display or did you have the DisplayLink display set as the primary? We would expect them to run also in mirrored mode as you explained.

Thanks,
Sian
Old 07-16-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
Sian

After a closer look at which games you are trying, we believe these are DirectX 9 games rather than DirectX 10: in this release we just have DirectX 10 support so we would expect you to see some problems here still.

Regards,
Sian
Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
mcguizzle

Thumbs up

I did set the DisplayLink as the main monitor when trying the games.

But I hadn't even thought to check the DirectX version the games are using. I will have to check some directX10 games. Thanks for you help and suggestions!

Last edited by Pawel; 10-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.