Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2020, 01:04 AM   #1
jwish

Default Frequent Monitor Desync

I am a bit at my wit's end with this. I am using a 2016 Macbook Pro 15" running Big Sur with a Duex Pro and Displaylink Manager 1.1 and ever since I moved I have been experiencing the symptoms of monitor desync according to the FAQ. The screen will freeze then blackout and reset without the windows collecting on the main screen. I have tried different cables, different ports, using USB A instead of USB C, a powered USB hub, an active USB cable, different versions of the driver, reinstalling the operating system, disabling automatic graphics switching, and an application to set custom resolutions and refresh rates and the issue persists. Now the persistence inclines me to believe it is a hardware issue, not a software one, but I tried connecting the screen to a different laptop and left it for a while without experiencing any issue. I may have simply not waited long enough but I can't seem to identify a specific action that triggers it and it's not periodic so I can't say. I've attached the debug info below. Any help or confirmation that this is hardware so I can stop crying over spilt milk is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20201206_204020.zip (3.82 MB, 1 views)
jwish is offline   Reply With Quote