Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
JasonC

Default Unable to detect monitor

Hello,

I'm currently running two other external monitors natively (using the igpu), but am trying to run a 3rd using a display link adapter.

I initially managed to get my 3rd external monitor (running from a displaylink adapter) working once after installing the beta drivers from https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1552 however after trying restarts, unplugging and replugging, and reinstalling the monitor is no longer detected. Restarting displaylink manager doesn't seem to to anything either.

I can confirm that the product id is recognised (as a hexcode) under system report>usb and that screen recording permissions is enabled am on a MBP 2018 13" running Mac 10.15.4 .

I've attached the logs from the displaylink information utility tool.

Any ideas why it worked initially?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200526_145345.zip (1.59 MB, 3 views)
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It will be difficult to say why it worked for a moment and stopped.
Please tell me, does the monitor work correctly when connected directly into the PC?

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
JasonC

Hi Katarzyna,

Your suggestion has lead me to fix my problem!

After directly plugging directly into my laptop via usbc to DVI adapter it wasn't detecting the display. Then when I double checked the connection between the monitor and DVI cable it was loose!

After replugging and tightening the screws on the DVI cable it worked directly. Then I tried with the displaylink adapter instead of direct and it works!

Thanks for helping me resolve my issue! (Am slightly embarrassed that I had overlooked this)
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #4
NBurns2020

Default I have a very similar problem

The old Hyundai L72D monitor with both DVI & VGA input's has worked quite happily as a monitor on my system.
And it worked perfectly well when I was mirroring my MacBook Pro (2011) output to this monitor running High Sierra 10.13.6.
My other external monitor an Acer AL1916W monitor with just a VGA input I've been using perfectly well as my other external monitor extended to the right of my laptop.

Initially when I looked for 'extended display' it would not show in the software.
Now, the monitor is not working at all.
Help please?
If you need any information and log files I can supply them if you tell me where to look.

Background was in Telecomms engineering but this has foxed me today when my DisplayLink just arrived.
NBurns2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #5
NBurns2020

Update @19:01-->
The monitor is now working via the DVI input however for some strange reason my mouse does not show itself within that monitor screen,.....Weird!!!!
NBurns2020 is offline   Reply With Quote