Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Darth & Vader

Default Mac Maximum supported display HELP!

Hi All,

I'm running a macbook air on OS X 10.6.7 (I had 10.6.6, still the same thing). I have read that the maxiumum supported displays that mac allows is up to 4 but im only able to get 3 working. Here is my setup.

Mac Air
27" Cinema Display ~ mini-Display port
Samsung SyncMaster 27" ~ USB to HDMI DisplayLink adapter
LG 32" TV ~ USB to HDMI DisplayLink adapter.

I am only able to get a video signal on the MacAir, 27" Cinema Display, and the Samsung SyncMaster. If i unplug the SyncMaster then plug in the LG 32" i will then get video on the LG, but when i have them both plugged in i will NOT get a display on one of those. How do i go about getting 4 displays properly working with my setup?

Thanks.
Darth & Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
sjmanning

Default Disables laptop?

Hi.
When you unplug laptop from the present setup and use it standalone ... Does the display on the laptop stop working after 4-5 boot-ups?
Have to disable AUTOMATIC GRAPHICS SWITCHING or the laptop display will show only blue stripes. Have to re-start in "safe mode", uninstall DisplayLink drivers, re-start and .....
Yes/No?
steve.
sjmanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Darth & Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmanning View Post
Hi.
When you unplug laptop from the present setup and use it standalone ... Does the display on the laptop stop working after 4-5 boot-ups?
Have to disable AUTOMATIC GRAPHICS SWITCHING or the laptop display will show only blue stripes. Have to re-start in "safe mode", uninstall DisplayLink drivers, re-start and .....
Yes/No?
steve.
You mean don't have any adapters connect to the laptop while booting up? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're wanting me to try. You say to uninstall the displaylink drivers? How would i get the adapter to work on my MAC if i uninstall the drivers?

Thanks....

DisplayLink.....Can you chime in?

Last edited by Darth & Vader; 05-02-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Darth & Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Carlo
Mac Team

Hmmm.. Actually you should be able to have up to 5 external screens on this setup: one directly connected and 4 DisplayLink based.
Anyway what I'd do is to uninstall the DL drivers (which resets the screen-adapter mapping), reboot and connect the external screen.
Then install the 1.6beta4 and try to configure everything again. If the problem persists send us the logs collected when everything is connected.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote