Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
vdruker

Default Macbook Pro 2019 - 10.15.6 Update Screen Flickering

Hello,

I recently upgrade to 10.15.6 and started using DisplayLink Manager 1.0.0. Everything works fine if I have my laptop open but when I close it my external monitors go black for a few seconds every couple of minutes. I tried turning off graphics switching in my setting as well.

Additionally, when I close the laptop it still appears as a 'display' when I got to the arrangement tab in System Preferences > Display.

Thank you for your guidance.
vdruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
holyzod

As per this Clamshell mode (lid-closed) is not supported in the DisplayLink Manager 1.0.0. app.

https://support.displaylink.com/know...ation#feedback
holyzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #3
vdruker

Default Classic Driver

Got it - thank you. Unfortunately the classic driver stopped working when my computer updated to 10.15.6 - will this be fixed?

https://support.plugable.com/t/displ...talina/18952/2
vdruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:48 AM   #4
idelgado782

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdruker View Post
Got it - thank you. Unfortunately the classic driver stopped working when my computer updated to 10.15.6 - will this be fixed?

https://support.plugable.com/t/displ...talina/18952/2
So I just purchased the new 16" MacBook pro and I have the Dell D6000 dock for my WFH setup. I plugged in my Pro, closed the lid and immediately noticed that the screen was flickering making using the dock completely usable. I too am wondering when this will be fixed because I have no need to keep my MacBook open when docked into the desk.

I see the link referenced above recommends we go back to using the legacy app but I do not see instructions on how to use that.

Edit: Update
I was able to download the legacy driver which had the uninstaller in the package. I uninstalled the new app, and installed the legacy app and everything is working again.
The only additional issue I am now encountering is that when I try to open OBS or Final Cut Pro while docked in clamshell mode the application just hangs and I have to force quit. It works not docked at all, and it works while docked with the lid open. Hopefully all of these issues are addressed asap because its a pain in A&* to have to find all of these workarounds.

Last edited by idelgado782; 08-16-2020 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Update
idelgado782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #5
madalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by idelgado782 View Post
So I just purchased the new 16" MacBook pro and I have the Dell D6000 dock for my WFH setup. I plugged in my Pro, closed the lid and immediately noticed that the screen was flickering making using the dock completely usable. I too am wondering when this will be fixed because I have no need to keep my MacBook open when docked into the desk.

I see the link referenced above recommends we go back to using the legacy app but I do not see instructions on how to use that.

Edit: Update
I was able to download the legacy driver which had the uninstaller in the package. I uninstalled the new app, and installed the legacy app and everything is working again.
The only additional issue I am now encountering is that when I try to open OBS or Final Cut Pro while docked in clamshell mode the application just hangs and I have to force quit. It works not docked at all, and it works while docked with the lid open. Hopefully all of these issues are addressed asap because its a pain in A&* to have to find all of these workarounds.
Thanks for this! For my Nov 2019 Macbook Pro 16 inch, AMD Radeon 5500 - I downloaded this Release: 5.2.4 26 May 2020. Worked perfectly.
madalus is offline   Reply With Quote