Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 06-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #11
OIVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi all,

For people seeing issues, is it possible to check if Windows Defender is running when the system is performing badly?

Thanks,
Paul
Hi
I'm on W10 10130/7.9 beta 1 and can confirm the issues with "lagging" behaviour - and yes Defender is updated and running.

Another issue - maybe not related to Displaylink? When I start my Helix 3xxx first time - the resolution/ppi is wrong - but a logout/login fixes that on all three displays (two external).
Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
deiruch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
For people seeing issues, is it possible to check if Windows Defender is running when the system is performing badly?
Windows Defender is disabled on my system (group policy). It is not running at all.

Also, the problem can be mitigated by slightly resizing windows so that they are clearly within a single screen with a couple-pixel-margin.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 06-20-2015, 12:28 AM   #13
pjaicher

7.9 Beta 2 on 10130 that was just released has made a very noticeable improvement on the performance of my system. I no longer have the lag that was so noticeable prior.. It is not all the way to the win 8.1 performance on my surface 3 however it is definitely better. Watching video on one of the displaylink monitors is still a bit choppy but at least the system is usable again. on beta 1 w/10130 I couldn't watch video at all. I will continue to monitor and report back.

Last edited by pjaicher; 06-20-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #14
Billy Mild

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/sla.php?fileid=160

The new driver has solved my issue.

THANK YOU.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #15
deiruch

I tried the new driver, and it didn't solve the problem. As soon as I drag a window over the border between to monitors it begins to stutter. As long as a window's completely on the main screen - or the external, DisplayLink-connected screen - the movement is very fluid.

Also: Would be nice, if updating drivers would not reset the IEEE 802.1X authentication settings of the network adapter.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 06-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #16
pjaicher

I think I may have spoke too soon about beta 2 solving the issue.. I am not sure why it was working much better after the update but it has since gone back to the previous behavior. (there was an intel driver update in the middle here as well.) I can confirm however; a way to get this behavior to stop is to make sure none of my running windows are maximized or touching the edges of any screen. For some reason this seems to make the problem go away.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #17
AnthonyB

I tried the beta 2 drivers on my Lenovo X1 Carbon (Gen1) running Win 10 Build 10134 and saw worse performance, lagginess and application window graphics 'weirdness' than I did with the beta 1 drivers so I've rolled back.

Beta 2 drivers also introduced a new issue in that the icon in the system tray for the network would say "not connected" for minutes after I logged on.. and had applications connected to the internet.. very weird!
Old 07-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #18
deiruch

Since updating to build 10159 this problem no longer occurs.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #19
Billy Mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiruch View Post
Since updating to build 10159 this problem no longer occurs.
How do I get the new build? I'm on the fast program, but stuck on 10130.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #20
MarkDS

10162 has been released to ISO page also going out to slow ring