Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #11
NKYadav

I hate to sound like a broken record, but since this is probably going to be an extended fix, and to prevent future breakdowns like this, can we have a small FTP site with the last 2 or three Win10 specific drivers?

I have a paid MediaFire account that I would be willing to host those files on permanently (and free of any sort of charge, obligation, or anything) to help users get out of a jam if (when) something like this happens again so that you don't have to expose that much more of your own bandwidth. The codebase for Win10 is nowhere near complete, and to honestly believe that there will be no more problems with this (or any other) driver is pretty naïve.

However, with the testing that I am performing for my company, I am using this machine in a simulated environment but as if it is a production environment, including addressing tests like VPN access, server monitoring, Remote Desktop services, and am about to start testing Desktop virtualization, as well as native Hyper-V virtualization in the OS itself. And, being lazy, and liking to show off, I keep taking the machine out of the simulated environment and into the production environment more so than I should - but because it is simply faster to do so.

Please, please, *PLEASE* give us access to older, stable drivers so that we can more effectively test the OS itself, as well as have a backup plan when testing a newly released version of the current driver doesn't work as well as it should out in the field.

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #12
JamesH

Hi folks,

Can you you try the latest Alpha (v8)?

It is linked to this FAQ:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376

Thanks,
James
Old 03-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #13
NKYadav

Absolutely. And a no go again.

I have a new dataset collected as well.

HTH
Attached Files
File Type: zip MACHINE_NAME_20150326_155903.zip (735.1 KB, 1210 views)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
aweedman

Sorry, no change. If anything the behavior is worse. Instead of it acting like a new device is being installed every 5-10 minutes or so, it's now doing it about every 10 seconds.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #15
NKYadav

My actual dock was bad / had gone bad at around the same time the update started messing with the displays. After another clean install of the latest v8, it exhibited extremely weird symptoms:
  1. When I looked in Screen Resolution settings, I saw all three monitors (laptop + 2 external) showing but neither external screen had anything showing on it;
  2. Using Identify monitors only showed a number on the main display;
  3. Occasionally one of the external monitors (the one going through DVI) would show up and display my default background wallpaper;
  4. Running Identify monitors then would still only result in monitor 1 being identified.

Now, mind you, as I said, it showed that it had detected all three monitors, even monitor type for the two external monitors - but there was no interaction between the dock and monitor, and thus no output.

So, I swapped out with another dock, and it went through another driver installation routine, rebooted, and everything is working again.

Thank you, DL team.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #16
PaulJ

Hi all,

We believe a lot of the issues being reported in this thread are related to the Windows persisted display layout settings which can be reset by deleting the following two registry keys:
• HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Configuration
• HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Connectivity

It is caused by Windows saving something configured by our older software which then doesn’t interact well with our newer software.

Let us know if that solves the issue!

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #17
PaulJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkelMunch View Post
Hi James,

I have the exact same issue.

external monitors not recognized. I have a applied latest win10 updates.
Hi MikkelMunch,

Your issue appears to be different. It looks like your device is not being detected correctly by the system. Are you able to check all the connections, in particular the USB connection to the host PC?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #18
vimagode

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi all,

We believe a lot of the issues being reported in this thread are related to the Windows persisted display layout settings which can be reset by deleting the following two registry keys:

It is caused by Windows saving something configured by our older software which then doesn’t interact well with our newer software.

Thanks,
Paul
This has been the solution for my problem, everything works again as Windows 8.1
Old 03-31-2015, 01:01 AM   #19
aweedman

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Paul
All good for me after this.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #20
pcbliss7

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Paul
This fixed my issues as well.