Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 02-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
computerguru

Default DisplayLink w/ 8 monitors on Windows 10

I'm running into some issues with Windows 10 build 9926 while attempting to run 8 monitors. Currently, I have two AOC E1659FWU monitors, along with an Anker USB 3 docking station that I have 2 monitors attached to. All those monitors utilize DisplayLink. There are two other monitors that are running off the VGA and DisplayPort connectors on the desktop. This setup works fine in Windows 10.

As soon as I connect a Pluggable USB 3.0 dock (which has 2 additional DisplayLink ports), the video driver crashes and drops me down to a single monitor.

The desktop system is running an ATI Radeon HD 4200 with 256 MB of shared ram.

Are there any tricks to getting all the monitors working with multiple USB docks? Or am I expecting too much from a beta operating system? ;-)
Old 02-24-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
PaulJ

Hi computerguru,

To be honest I'm not sure we've tried that many screens too often at this stage of Windows 10 development. In order for us to investigate we would like some more information.

Please download the DisplayLink Support Tool from our website: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109

Run this and use the 'Gather Support Information' option. Please then attach the zip file generated to this thread.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
computerguru

Well, I wound up upgrading my video card to a Radeon HD5450 w/ 1 GB of RAM, and that worked for a while with the 6 DisplayLink monitors. After rebooting this morning, only the monitors on my video card work. All of the DisplayLink-based monitors are blank...yet still recognized in Windows.

The ZIP file generated from the support tool is here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

When looking at the screenshot in the zip, 1 and 2 are my primary monitors, while the others are driven via DisplayLink.

If you have any questions, or need me to check other things on my system, let me know. I might be able to help debug some of the issues if needed (I'm a software engineer.)