Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 07-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
sona1111

Default How may one use the most recent evdi source code with the displaylink driver?

Hello All,

[this thread is separate and unrelated to my other question]

I have found that on some recent kernel builds, which I am required to use for support of my intel gpu, the evdi module will no longer build. I have found the relevant patches in the github repo which allow evdi to build successfully, but after successful build I am not sure how to finish installing the driver. Ideally I would like to run the displaylink.run driver executable, but use a different path for source code or edit the code before the make step is run. Can anyone instruct me what else the displaylink driver .run file does after building the evdi in order to finish the installation?

Thanks for the help!
sona1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
dragon788

According to this post you can use
Code:
--keep --noexec
to extract the contents of the .run script to modify/overwrite the folder it stores the source in before installing.

Let me know if that doesn't work, but I would definitely be interested in a writeup of your patch integration as I'm looking to potentially use the DisplayLink driver on a system that requires a newer hwe or hwe-edge kernel in order to support some of the built in hardware.
dragon788 is offline   Reply With Quote