Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2024, 11:41 PM   #1
housecathank

Default Wavlink dock no display, no charging

DisplayLink Manager 1.10.0 (Build 117) / WavLink WL-UG69PD2 with dual monitors connected to MBAir M2 2022 stopped functioning properly after update OS 14.3.0 to 14.3.1

Problem is either the OS will not recognize the presence of DL (in order to provide permissions) - or will no longer charge thru USB-C. Have had both problems, but not at the same time. Many restarts, including Driver uninstall/reinstall.

Please DisplayLink - provide notification when this has been resolved...
Thank-You.
housecathank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:12 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,
Charging is not a function delivered by DisplayLink technology (neither on the dock, nor by the DisplayLink Manager app).
DisplayLink software will not make your dock charge again.
Because your computer doesn't see the DisplayLink chip in the dock, or the dock itself to charge, I would recommend contacting the seller or the manufacturer to discuss a potential Power Delivery firmware update or a hardware replacement.
Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:37 PM   #3
housecathank

Interesting - seems like what you are saying is that the symptoms I was seeing, is not what I was seeing? I cannot prove one way or the other if I have multiple problems until I correct at least one of them. The charging is transmitted by the same USB-C port as the signal. When I unplugged that port/cable - the stand alone charger which was already plugged in at the magsafe-port began to work - as referenced by the onscreen display.
I began using DisplayLink more than 10 years ago. I had great faith in it. Now you are indicating the DL software I am using has more than one problem, you have found solutions and that the new software update will be released soon (perhaps today Mar7 instead of the previous mid-Feb announcement).
Please do so asap, in order that I can begin to resolve my issue one step at a time, not two (or more) at once as you indicated.
Thank-you for your attention to this matter.

Last edited by housecathank; 03-07-2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:47 AM   #4
Tirs1992

I'm running a similar setup (dual monitors with a WavLink dock on my MacBook Air) and haven't updated to 14.3.1 yet because of these reports.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:52 PM   #5
housecathank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirs1992 View Post
I'm running a similar setup (dual monitors with a WavLink dock on my MacBook Air) and haven't updated to 14.3.1 yet because of these reports.
I installed latest Mac Sonoma 14.4 in the hopes and because DL promised update DL 1.10.1 has not materialized. Hoping Sonoma14.4 would solve - but alas no. 14.4 with DL ver1.9 will initially drive 2 external monitors but will not charge/power the laptop. In addition laptop does not indicate/receive power from USB-C WavLink in spite of the OEM Mac MagSafe being plugged in.

Then, when I unplug USB-C WavLink/DL voila - instantly the laptop MenuBar displays charging. Plug the USB-C laptop to WavLink/DL and Mac MenuBar power source is reduced to battery power only.

This is very very frustrating. More than a month now DL Mr.Rampon has promised a fix. And/or he blames WavLink. WavLink will not recognize this is their problem until DL software is functional. I do not expect this is a WavLink problem either, but until DL & Rampon get to work and solve what they have admitted is 'a few' problems I am stuck.

Next is to run the Mac DisplayLink support tool (if I find myself willing to invest more time trying to follow a long list of instructions) and find out if DL & Mr.Rampon are going to maybe respond.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:37 PM   #6
housecathank

DL 1.10.1 is here, is installed and is working - for now. still no charging but I have 2 external screens now.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:00 PM   #7
housecathank

And now - it is not working but the laptop is charging. I am befuddled and disappointed.