Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
verwin

Default Multi-Tasking

When will this app support multi-tasking? It really has limited value if I can't switch between apps while using this one.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Ceasar999

Quote:
Originally Posted by verwin View Post
When will this app support multi-tasking? It really has limited value if I can't switch between apps while using this one.

Thanks!
what kind of multi tasking are you searching for ?
Multitasking in the windows environement is off course possible...

and multitasking in the ipad environment is possible if you have installed versio io 4.0 (or something like that) Twice the apple button and you can select another application on your ipad > and return to the "windows screen" just push the ipad apple button twice.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
verwin

The iPad app does not support multitasking. When you switch between apps and then go back to it you have to start over.

For example, with DisplayLink on my iPad, if I switch between apps, all of the windows I moved over the the iPad (second display) are moved back to the primary display and I have the restart the app on the iPad when I switch back to it.

With Air Display, I can switch between my task list app and Air Display on the iPad and whatever windows I have positioned on the iPad as a second display are still there when I switch back.

However the resolution with DisplayLink is way better than Air Display, but its not really usable for me if the only thing I can use my iPad for while DisplayLink is running is a second display.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
verwin

Just wondering if the developers can shed some light on this.